Who are We?
Intersection is an experience-driven Out of Home media and technology company that delivers programming, consumer amenities, and advertising to cities. From free internet access to way-finding to real-time information, our products make city life easier and more sustainable. We further enrich cities with experiential programming that inspires and engages people throughout their day. With valuable, diverse audiences in America’s top cities, we provide innovative, data-driven solutions for brands to reach urbanites at scale.
What is the Role?
As an Analyst on our Business Development team, you will have the opportunity to directly impact our business as we expand Intersection's footprint in both new and existing markets. You will be responsible for identifying and evaluating potential partnerships with cities, transit authorities and private entities around Intersection’s technology and services. In addition to supporting strategic projects and partner relationships, you will also work in close collaboration with internal counterparts across all other disciplines throughout the deal process. This role is based out of our NY office.
Within your first month:
- Get a deep understanding of Intersection’s products, capabilities and business model by meeting with and learning from a cross-functional group of employees (e.g., executive management, product, engineering, business development, deployment, advertising sales)
- Contribute to the preparation of proposals and materials to win competitive RFPs in new markets
- Manage day-to-day organization of team materials, documents and deal/pipeline trackers
Within your first three months:
- Identify and evaluate potential partnerships with cities, transit authorities, and private entities around Intersection’s technology and services
- Preparing pitch materials and term sheets for potential partners
- Contribute to and manage deals with advertising, technology, telecommunications, and other strategic partners
Within your first nine months:
- Develop strategies to leverage different technology offerings to best suit a partner’s needs
- Contribute to and develop robust, long-term relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers
- Work directly with and present to senior executives on potential deals requiring approval and provide updates on the status of existing projects
- Develop a deep understanding of a city’s needs, the political environment, and the deal structure that will make execution possible, in conjunction with other members of the team
- Perform all tasks associated with managing a new partnership deal from initiation to completion (e.g. coordinating all aspects of the written RFP response, subsequent presentations, contract negotiations and transition to implementation teams)
You’re great for this role because:
- You have up to 3 years of experience in finance, management consulting, media, technology, or governments
- You have strong analytical skills related to business strategy, finance, market research, and project implementation
- You have strong project management skills, with the ability to gather and synthesize information across many aspects of the business (finance, legal, product, engineering, deployment) and work on cross-functional teams
- You are self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and creative, with the ability to work quickly, handle multiple projects at once and shift gears on a dime
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- You have strong persuasive writing and storytelling skills
- You have strong presentation skills and ability to present to senior executives and external partners
- You have experience with PowerPoint and Google Slides, Google Docs, Excel and/or Google Sheets
- You have deep knowledge of and passion for emerging technologies, internet business models, urban innovation, and digital media
- You are passionate about Intersection’s mission to improve the urban experience through technology
- You ideally have experience working with public entities (governments, transit authorities) or in a company with an advertising business model (not a requirement)
Total Cash Compensation: $69,700K - $96,200K
At Intersection we celebrate every voice that makes us unique and every perspective that makes us grow. It’s our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products and offerings impact cities across the world and it’s our goal to represent the diversity and differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, domestic partnership status, civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status/service, veteran status, mental or physical disability, and all other legally protected characteristics.