Intersection is turning cities into communities. Cities host billions of people, a number that grows every day. We believe that technology can be used to bring people together. We deliver tailored information to help people get the most out of their surroundings, engage with their communities, get where they want to go, and connect with the cities in which they live, work, and play. To achieve our lofty goals, we are seeking a seasoned Head of Product to build and lead a world-class Product Management organization.
Our highly visible products including LinkNYC (the world’s largest and fastest public wifi project replacing public telephone’s in NYC), MTA OnTheGo, our connected communities work (including Hudson Yards NY, the largest private development in US history) and transit solutions are already changing the lives of millions of people every day across different cultures and communities. Our unique set of assets allows us to continually bring new-to-the-world ideas and we are expanding our reach internationally with products like Link UK, starting in London in 2017.
As our Head of Product you will not only lead just our product vision but will also develop and manage a portfolio P&L, ensuring long term sustainability and financial success from the massive value our products create around the globe. Our products are driving innovation in our cities and bringing important and much needed change to the world around us, including giving free internet to millions in NYC without internet access.
- Take ownership of our product organisation responsible for a portfolio of products encompassing;
- Advertising technology, digital media and content management
- High visibility consumer facing products (i.e Mobile apps, public interfaces)
- Infrastructure /connectivity
- Monitoring and management reporting tools
- Scale the Product Management organization from 5 to 10 staff in 2017
- Develop and formalise processes to improve how we:
- Approach customer and discovery processes
- Validate and prioritize product opportunities
- Manage the process of developing and shipping product
- Take products to market: Marketing, Sales Activation, and follow-through
- Partner with stakeholders including our CMO, CRO, CIO, Engineering and senior leadership to rationalize product decisions, understand product opportunities and prioritize our product roadmap.
- Defining, tracking and improving product metrics across the portfolio; collaborating with executives on KPIs and strategy;
- Using a data driven approach, build business cases to support product investment decisions;
- Collaborating with design and strategy teams to conduct user and market research, competitive analysis to identify new product opportunities and feature enhancements;
- Responsibility for developing and managing a portfolio P&L, including budgeting, financial modeling, financial reconciliation;
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a strong work ethic and ship-oriented mentality
- A passion for understanding, the market, competitors and Intersection’s unique capabilities
- Demonstrated data-driven thinking, with excellent quantitative skills
- Experience leading a product team that leverages data to better understand customers, and deploy solutions to create customer value and enhance overall experience.
- Experience working with senior leadership to define long-term company goals, product strategy and execution cycles
- 7+ years directly managing high-visibility products and teams
- An advanced degree in business, engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in digital publishing, advertising or marketing platforms is preferred, but not mandatory
Intersection is a technology and media company redefining the urban experience. Leading the effort behind LinkNYC, the largest and most advanced public Wi-Fi and street furniture network in the world, Intersection connects the digital and physical worlds to make cities more livable and connected.
The largest municipal media company in the U.S., Intersection develops cutting-edge media platforms and offers nationwide media assets to provide advertisers the creative solutions they need to reach their audiences. Through our design and technology consultancy, we deliver digital strategy and products for the world’s leading organizations and businesses, creating compelling experiences that are more connected, more seamless, and more human.
With 10 offices, media in 60 markets, and 600+ people across the United States, we are technologists, media experts, engineers, designers, and strategists working together to create value for citizens, governments, and brands and improve life in cities around the globe.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.