Who are we?
Place Exchange is on a mission to transform the entire OOH channel to be truly programmatic for buyers and sellers. We're rethinking how media works in public space, and building the technology to make it happen. Join us as we apply our vision and technology to reshape advertising and content in the physical world around us.
What is the role?
We are looking for a dynamic hands-on software engineering Team Lead – someone who can lead a small team of software engineers as well as perform as an individual contributor; an energetic self-starter who loves bringing to life business objectives with current and sound technical solutions. As a Software Engineering Team Lead, you will be directly responsible for collaborating with our Product & Operations teams, to add features to our OOH exchange and scale out the platform for our ever-expanding business needs.
Your first 30 days:
- Learn and understand Place Exchange’s corporate, departmental and team goals
- Begin implementing small code improvements to familiarize yourself with our platform
- Have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot production application issues
- Identify and incorporate tools needed for working on the Place Exchange platform
Your first 60 days:
- Pair with team members on committed initiatives
- Work collaboratively with other engineering teams and incorporate best practices
- Work with the Product team to have a clear understanding of the product roadmap
- Work with stakeholders and formulate delivery plans for key initiatives
- Gain a good understanding of the Place Exchange landscape
Your first 90 days:
- Provide hands-on technical leadership in the development team.
- Promote and drive innovation in technologies, processes, and tools.
- Deliver projects on time and budget, ensuring quality standards are met
- Mentor and develop team members, provide constructive feedback on design and code quality and build an inclusive culture with high performing teams.
- Help define and enforce development practices, including unit tests and code reviews.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business environment and strategy
You are awesome for the role because:
- You have experience in designing, developing and delivering web applications at scale.
- You have expertise with architecture and development of business solutions and acting as a thought leader in cloud-based technical solutions.
- You have experience leading complex software development projects through all phases of SDLC using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- You have experience using metrics and monitoring tools to handle performance optimization and provide visibility into the systems
- You have multiple years of experience of mentoring, educating and motivating young developers.
- You have built scalable applications using Python, or some comparable language like Golang or NodeJS,
- You have experience using platforms/tooling like Git, Docker, AWS
- You have strong problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills,
- You are a strong communicator who communicates effectively across groups, locations and cultures, in-person and virtually
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or a similar field or applicable experience in the industry.
Company & Background
The average consumer spends 70% of their time outside of the home, and thanks to the rapid proliferation of digital displays in cities and venues around the world, Digital Out of Home is one of the fastest growing media channels. Place Exchange is the first and only true programmatic platform for Out of Home (OOH) and Place-Based media, connecting digital marketers to consumers in physical space. We partner with premium publishers across the U.S. (and soon around the world), offering unprecedented scale, brand safety, and bottom-line results for advertisers. Our proprietary and patent-pending technology enables our DSP partners to unify workflow, creatives, reporting, and attribution for OOH with the rest of the digital advertising ecosystem.