What is the role?
As the Identity Access & SaaSOps Engineer for Intersection, you will play a key role in configuring and managing SaaS and internally-hosted applications for IT, provide top-level support for the IT Support team, develop and administer identity management(Okta), and other SaaS service backend administrative duties. A prospective candidate should have a proven track record with owning, operating, and administering Okta, G-Suite, BetterCloud, Atlassian, Slack, Github, Zendesk, GCP and all SaaS applications.
Your first 30 days, you will:
- Be introduced to the talented IT Infrastructure, Security and Support team you will be interacting closely with that you'll be working with
- Get familiar with Okta SSO setup and associated applications
- Meet with key business, engineering, and IT stakeholders
Your first 60 days, you will:
- Be the main point of contact for third-tier application issues working under tight SLAs with a focus on continual improvement and knowledge sharing in a collaborative way
- Identify areas of opportunities for improvement through automation or other means available to you, limited by your imagination, creativity, and desire
- Be assigned on-call responsibilities
Your first 90 days, you will:
- Take ownership of our entire Identity Access and SaaS footprint and become the definitive resource for all escalations and project-based work
- Create a tangible list of improvements (process, security, cost, etc.), potentially new systems, to move the areas under your responsibility to a higher level
- Formulate and present a plan for your list to gain support, drive adoption, buy-in, and ultimately implementation working across team/org lines
You are awesome for this role because:
- You are an Okta expert able to configure applications for SSO and user provisioning, manage application updates, plan for and deploy new features, apply company security policies across our entire SaaS and system footprint
- Take ownership of current projects and act as the principal driver
- Manage a timeline of deliverables, including measurements of success & real-time analysis of the impact being provided.
- You can plan and communicate important changes or updates to infrastructure in a comprehensible manner to staff
- Interface with outside vendors, third party support teams, and various external resources to accomplish the established goals provided by leadership and when necessary, work with SaaS/vendor application support teams to troubleshoot complex issues
- Interface with internal teams to identify opportunities where the IT group can provide assistance.
- Identify under or misused resources to reduce wastes in cost or time management.
- Identify and implement automation for improved efficiency and consistency of common business processes
- Write coherent, comprehensible documentation for team or company reference
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise-level IT services
- 2+ years of experience with AWS (IAM, Route 53, S3, EC2, etc)
- 2+ years of experience working with a Cloud Identity as a Service (IdaaS) solution like Okta, BetterCloud
- 2+ years implementing and supporting SAML and federated authentication
- Experience managing G-Suite (DNS record configuration, security configuration, email routing)
- Experience planning, executing and managing technical projects independently