Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
The Director of Content & Programming is charged with developing content and programming all of our digital screens to improve the journeys of the nearly 28MM people we reach across the country each month. This role will be responsible for establishing Intersection as the industry leader in publishing in public space, and measurably enhancing the value of our advertising through consumer engagement. They will support sales efforts with thought leadership and direction to our clients around best practices for storytelling and managing consumer journeys in public spaces. This role reports directly to Intersection’s Chief Marketing Officer and will work closely with the Sales and local market teams.
Within the first six months, you will:
Recommend and execute a phased and agile approach to program the digital assets in all our markets with national and localized content.
- Review LinkNYC content strategy today and overtime to identify learnings and assets that can be applied to an Intersection-wide approach, as well as optimize LinkNYC efforts in the context of national content expansion
- Understand screen utilization; current content approach; relationships with cities, transit authorities, airlines and destinations; and technical and other constraints today across all Intersection markets
- Identify 1-2 logical first markets to introduce content based on the above
- Determine top KPIs to measure phase one success
- Recommend an ongoing programming calendar of content (that can be shared with sales and local markets), both new and learned from LinkNYC
- Identify the process for phase one that requires minimal engineering development resources
- Determine the resources required for phase one
- Execute phase one
- Recommend and execute a cohesive strategy for full market roll out that covers operational, technical, and creative components in all of our markets
- Identify and negotiate key partnerships needed for success
- Build out a team as needed, and provide a business case to provide resources in other functional areas as appropriate
- Proactively create material to communicate Intersection’s positioning, successes and competitive advantage to the broader marketplace
- Represent Intersection content and programming with senior-level clients— both in public spaces and with key brands and agencies
- Ensure programming and content story is consistent and well-integrated into our marketing materials
- Work with data and analytics to create dashboard views of local market content programming to understand the customer experience in real-time
- Improve existing processes with AdOps and Product and Engineering teams to more efficiently publish content at scale
- Create a framework for measuring the impact of content on customer engagement, advertising effectiveness, and overall ad sales
- Serve as a key partner for sponsored content sales, and ensure sell-through of sponsored content deals as a factor in optimizing content overall.
Within the first six months to one year, you will:
- Iterate and expand the initial plan based on learnings and changing market conditions
You are great for this role, because you have:
- 5+ years of relevant editorial, content marketing, and/or consumer marketing experience
- A highly creative orientation, with an ability to spot trends and cultural influences that will help mold and ensure impactful and meaningful experiences for consumers across many demographics
- Strong analytics and operational skills to ensure our efforts are driving results, and that we are running a tight process.
- Presence and communication skills to represent Intersection with senior clients, press, and at industry events
- Demonstrated an ability to manage a team that is both scrappy and highly engaged
- A history of great partnerships and relationships with internal teams, including Sales, BD, other Marketing areas including Brand and Creative, Legal, and others.
- Experience with and passion for working in high-growth, start-up, tech environments, including an ability to drive results with a scrappy approach, and adapt easily to changes in strategy and priorities based on market learnings
- A reputation of setting a high bar for excellence
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.