Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public spaces that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
As a Senior Engineering Manager, Transit and Public Spaces at Intersection, you will help build a platform focused on advancing experiences in transit and public spaces. You will be responsible for managing a team of 6+ software engineers, working with team members from across the organization to design, build, and operate a next-generation platform that enables transit authorities to reach out to commuters and enhance the rider experience. You’ll be an integral part of efforts to shape, develop and manage our capabilities, implement and manage customer and product solutions, leveraging creative capabilities, data, and infrastructure across various owned and operated properties. You will partner with the VP, Engineering on architecture and systems integrations and help deliver value to transit agencies, public spaces operators and advertisers/agencies.
Your First 30 Days:
- Learn and understand Intersection’s corporate, departmental and team goals
- Work with the team to have a clear understanding of the product roadmap and current capabilities
- Develop, inspire, manage, and mentor the engineering team
Your First 60 days:
- Pair with team members on committed initiatives
- Work collaboratively with other engineering teams and incorporate best practices
- Define, implement and improve agile practices to ensure delivery of predictable, high quality releases
- Steer the team to be more self organized
- Understand and get up to speed on the current Architecture
Your First 90 Days:
- Enhance commuter and public spaces experiences via interactive solutions
- Build products enabling transit agencies to reach commuters in the real world
- Work with product, design, and business partners and plan future enhancements
- Develop a deep understanding of the business environment and strategy
- Keep abreast of emerging behaviors, technologies, and companies across the transit landscape
- Work with the team on individual goals and objectives
You are awesome for the role because:
- You have a BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related fields
- You have experience building large-scale software systems and are well-versed in contract first development
- You thrive at simplifying complicated business use cases
- You have expertise in Python (Django / Flask)
- You have proven experience working in highly-engaged, high-performing teams
- You have a track record of building and operating successful products and platforms
- You have experience managing teams of software engineers
- You have strong capabilities of observation, analysis, synthesis
- You are a strong communicator who communicates effectively across groups, locations and cultures, in-person and virtually
- You are a change-agent capable of building vision and alignment
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.