Who are We?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
The Procurement Associate is a key member of Intersection’s procurement team and will be tasked with interacting with business partners from across the Company’s various business lines, along with working with vendors and distributors to identify savings opportunities and purchase goods at the best possible cost while meeting the needs of the business.
This role will allow the Procurement Associate to learn the different facets of the business and serve as a direct partner with the finance team and with internal stakeholders across the company. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who excels working in a fast-paced start-up environment. Moreover, the ideal candidate will offer thought leadership and exhibit significant maturity and independence.
The Procurement Associate will report to the Procurement & Logistics Manager but will be intricately involved in the procurement process across all the Company’s various business lines. As such, the ideal candidate will have the ability to interact with a number of senior executives on a regular basis.
In the first month, you will:
- Become acquainted with the team and the broader organization
- Establish a cadence of meetings with your manager and identify a preliminary set of goals
- Contribute to weekly/monthly procurement reporting of KPI’s
- Coordinate with the accounts payable team on a regular basis (including on-site in Secaucus) in an effort to enhance the P2P process
In the first two months, you will:
- Continue your orientation to the company, its people and processes via town halls, lunch & learns, etc
- Expand your contributions to the team and begin to take ownership of projects/processes
In the first three months, you will:
- Be expected to manage projects and processes independently
- Communicate insights to the broader team and senior leadership
- Take initiative on various opportunities across the team and organization
In the first year, you will:
- Be a fully integrated, highly functional member of the Procurement team
- Be relied upon by business partners across the organization for delivering key deliverables and input
You’re great for this role, because you have:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or other industry certifications preferred
- 2-3 years of experience as a purchasing professional, including capital procurement and associated accounting treatment
- Proficiency in Great Plains desired but not required
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Acrobat, Windows/OS X Skills
- Strong analytical skills and effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and effective time management with excellent follow-through on commitments
- Knowledge of hardware and software sourcing techniques
- Tenacity to identify and recommend improvements to existing processes
- Passion for and curiosity about technology and urban issues, city operations, and the quality of public places
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer