Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information, and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products in public spaces that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to enhance commuting and travel, cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to improve neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
As a Senior Software Engineer at Intersection, you will help build a platform focused on advancing smart cities experiences and operations. You will work with team members from across the organization to design, build, and operate a fleet of thousands of Linux and Android devices across the globe. This particular role is for a Senior Software engineer to join the Fleet team. The Fleet team is responsible for the software on all devices in the company from Android AOSP, Android apps, Python embedded apps, embedded Linux as well as a growing backend management platform. The management platform is a React/Redux app connected to containerized micro-services written in Python and GoLang. You would be expected to contribute across the stack from front-end, to backend to embedded devices.
You are awesome for this role because:
- You have 5+ years of full-stack software engineering experience
- You have strong experience with React and preferably Redux
- You have strong experience with Python, or a comparable server-side language, such as Java/Scala, GoLang, Node.js, etc.
- You have strong experience with embedded Linux, Ansible, and server configuration
- Helpful if you have experience with containers and scalable deployment particularly Docker
- You care about building clear, maintainable code
- You are excellent at communicating and collaborating, especially with folks who aren't engineers
- You care about continuous integration and delivery
- You have a track record of building and operating successful products and platforms
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.