Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
Intersection is looking for an Accounting Supervisor to join the Accounting team in our Secaucus, NJ office. This is a great opportunity to join an exciting new company bringing innovation to the urban cityscape. The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for various general accounting, financial reporting and consolidation activities. This opportunity is meant for an ambitious professional seeking to grow his/her career with the ability to advance within the company.
In this role, you will:
Accounting & Financial Close
- Assist in monthly financial closing process, which includes analyzing accounts such as bank reconciliations, prepaids, accrued expenses, intangible assets, debt and equity areas, etc., and entering appropriate journal entries.
- Prepare general ledger reconciliations on a monthly basis, for designated accounts.
- Responsible for filing the company’s sales taxes.
- Assist in the development of technical accounting guidance.
- Monthly expense budget/actual variance analysis.
- Maintain integrity of data across reporting dimensions including: legal entity, business unit, market, contract, project, and sales channel.
- Support internal and external audit requirements related to designated areas of responsibility.
- Manage one direct report and oversee general accounting activities performed by broader accounting team.
Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Assist in the preparation of internal corporate reporting, and external reports for investors, lenders, and business partners.
- Perform analysis on a routine and ad-hoc basis across reporting dimensions.
- Prepare department actual vs budget commentary and analysis on a monthly basis.
- Work in cross functional teams to drive process improvements and support decision making.
Financials Systems & Special Projects
- Monitor financial systems to ensure the integrity of data across revenue and cost of revenue.
- Assist in system enhancements as assigned.
- Manage chart of accounts.
Within your first month, you will:
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for designated accounts
- Assist in month end close process
- Cross train with staff accountant on payroll accounting
Within your first three months, you will:
- Assist in monthly financial statement preparation for Citybridge
- Perform analysis on department actual vs budget reporting
- Cross train with staff accountant on filing company’s sales taxes
Within your first six months, you will:
- Manage Great Plains chart of accounts
- Review trial balances for all entities to ensure audit readiness
- Cross train with manager on Intersection financial statements preparation
You are great for this role, because you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- 5-7 years accounting experience
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- The ability to identify problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes, and recommend corrective actions
- Are detailed and results-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced, and constantly evolving environment
- The ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly while keeping others apprised of status with respect to deadlines
- A high degree of data integrity/accuracy
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including solid Excel skills
- Big 4 public accounting or public/private company corporate accounting experience
- CPA preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) and Management Reporter a plus
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer