Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public spaces that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
As the Senior Manager, Site Reliability Engineering at Intersection, you will be managing the team that shapes the foundation of our technology infrastructure for all our products and services. A foundation built from the ground up from ideation, design, and deployment on the concepts of quality, resiliency, and continuous improvement. Our team values the ability to make an impact throughout the organization by using our collective abilities, creativity, and innovative spirit to drive the best possible outcome with a keen focus on automation and efficiency. We define our success by working toward real sustainable and effective change toward strategic goals but always in a collaborative way with our technical and product teams and peers. All of this is done in a way to maximize productivity and efficiency using technology to our best advantage but more importantly, the path should be fulfilling and rewarding for you and your team.
Your first year, you will:
- Lead, build, manage, and direct a high-performance SRE team on a day to day basis to drive team productivity through sound engineering practices, collaboration, technical direction, and efficient task coordination
- Shepherd lean engineering practices and iterative processes at scale across your team and their assigned verticals with an emphasis on agile practices, such as test automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and test-driven development within a DevOps culture
- Create a unified technical roadmap for our SRE team, and collaborate with peer engineering teams including application development, hardware, network and security to help progress towards the best possible outcome
- Identify technology and product solutions to strengthen our application resiliency and uptime and be able to measure success in a tangible and quantitative manner.
You are awesome for this role because you have:
- You have at least 5 years of software engineering and/or operational (system reliability uptime and upkeep) experience with 2+ years in a technical management position
- You have experience in building and running highly resilient business-critical production systems in cloud infrastructure in AWS, Azure or Google
- You have system configuration management experience with automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or Salt
- You value receiving and giving open and honest feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement and getting better at you craft
- You see the value of monitoring and log management tools such as Nagios, DataDog, Prometheus, Splunk, Loggly, or ELK stack to gain visibility, the ability to measure and receive feedback from your systems (“If it can't be measured, it can't be improved”)
- You have experience with programming or scripting languages (Python, bash, Ruby)
- You have a passion for and solid experience in continuous integration and deployment and automation in everything from provisioning to testing to deployment
- You value clear and consumable documentation to effectively memorialize and share valuable information within the team and across the organization
- You have a B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Math/Sciences or equivalent experience
- You don’t mind being on call and value minimizing pages through proactive engineering practices
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.