Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
As the Accounts Receivable Analyst at Intersection, you will be responsible for collection calls, providing excellent customer service, communicate and build relationships with customers (both via e-mail and phone). You will also be responsible for maintaining an assigned portion of the A/R at a required DSO level, develop specialized ad-hoc aging, billing, cash application, order reports and validate accuracy, develop and maintain constructive working relationships cross-functionally regarding discrepancies, billing adjustments and more. You’ll also have the opportunity to work on special projects and reports.
Within your first month:
- You will develop strong relationships with your team and internal/external stakeholders
- You will learn basic cash and collection processes/procedures as it pertains to the media industry
- You will learn how to sufficiently navigate Intersection’s internal collection systems in order to pull invoices/statements, sales contracts, identify past due balances, payments received and overall billing transaction history
Within your first three months:
- You will develop strong relationships with sales executives/coordinators as it pertains to collection activity and resolving billing/invoicing issues
- You will consistently demonstrate basic collection skills and begin showing impact on reduction of portfolio’s average DSO
- You will utilize Intersection’s internal systems efficiently and competently to identify past due balances, payments received and overall billing transaction history
Within your first nine months:
- You will formulate and implement collection strategies on difficult accounts to resolve outstanding sales/billing issues
- You will effectively identify and analyze payment trends in an effort to “stay in front of the customer” and help customers stay within payment terms
- You will learn to think accurately through each account and competently manage your portfolio
You’re great for this role because:
- You have strong written and verbal skills with the ability to be diplomatic while maintaining business relations and various agencies and clients
- You are able to work reliably and independently in a fast paced environment
- You have excellent problem solving skills
- You have 5+ years of accounting, cash, credit, collections, and data analysis experience
- You preferably have Advertising/Media experience
- BA/BS Degree is preferred
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.