Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
The nation's fastest growing out-of-home media company is expanding its dynamic team in multiple cities across the US. Intersection is seeking an upbeat, energetic and self-motivated Account Executive. If you are looking to build your career in sales, this job is for you! You should feel comfortable working in a competitive, high energy, fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, hardworking and have the desire to win by continually meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers.
Within your first month:
- You have started to familiarize yourself with the Out-Of-Home (OOH) advertising industry
- You have learned about the assets that we offer in your market, as well as regional and national markets
- You have shadowed phone calls from seasoned team members. Practicing approach, pitching Intersection as a company, and learning about client opportunities
Within your first three months:
- You have a deep understanding of the OOH industry and how to pitch.
- You have started to prospect and cold call new businesses.
- You have built effective relationships with clients from your existing book of business.
- You have developed and implemented effective market sales and strategies for new business opportunities.
- You are securing at least one face to face meeting per day
- You are starting to generate revenue for the company
Within your first nine months:
- You have a steady flow of revenue from new business prospects, bringing new advertisers to Intersection
- You are meeting and exceeding quarterly and annual targets
- You are well-versed in using research and analysis to create rationale and recommendations for proposed solutions
- You have developed the skill set to grow average deal size and client retention rate, using relationships and better understanding to consistently increase billings
You’re great for this role because:
You have a proven sales track record, with strong communication skills, both written and oral. Professional experience should include selling media locally, in both static and digital. Out-Of-Home advertising sales experience is a plus. You should be comfortable with finding and retaining new business with a competitive drive while being a teammate. You should have media sales experience with a competitive mentality. A Bachelor’s Degree is required.