The IT Systems Administrator will be responsible for maintaining the stability of, and planning future advancement for, our company with respect to all corporate information systems. These include technical design, planning, implementation, and performance tuning of mission critical enterprise systems, software and infrastructure.
Note: Interpreta places a heavy emphasis on personality traits and cultural fit. This is an internal customer support role and as such interpersonal and communication skills are key.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Support corporate networking environment: LANs & WANs, WIFI, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems, VPN and maintain system efficiency.
- Administer servers (Windows & Linux), desktops and laptops (OSX, Windows, or Linux). Maintain updates, drivers and settings.
- Administer virtual environment (Vmware Vcenter, HyperV). Provision and/or manage virtual machines for Corporate, Development, and QA.
- Maintain IT system security, analyze and correct system issues and error logs.
- Ensure disaster recovery measures are in place (eg backups, high availability/passive failover redundancy, etc)
- Administer mobile devices (iOS and Android). Maintain updates, drivers and settings.
- Support printers and scanners.
- Administer Microsoft Office 365.
- Administer video and audio equipment for audiovisual conferencing.
- Monitor key devices for optimal operation (eg CPU, Memory, Disk Usage).
- Ensure design of system allows all components to work together properly.
- Provision and maintain user accounts.
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users.
- Make recommendations for future system upgrades and develop a hardware upgrade protocol. Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for to take advantage of new technology
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of demonstrated Network and Systems administration including development, administration and maintenance.
- Must have proven work experience designing, implementing and maintaining Microsoft-based enterprise applications and systems.
- Highly capable in configuring and administering Linux systems. Working Apple OSX knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit strong planning, organizing, and project management skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, an investigative mentality, organizational and logic skills
- Ability to be highly productive and efficient in a team driven environment
- Ability to work under pressure of projects and deadlines. Ability to prioritize work with associated excellent time-management skills.
- Adaptable to evolving needs and requirements – we are a start-up!
- Strong attention to detail and excellent follow through
- Must be local or willing to relocate
- This position is not eligible for work visa sponsorship
- Previous experience in Healthcare data management.
- Strong up-to-date knowledge of security best practices to prevent data breach and losses, preferably with HIPAA compliant systems.
- Previous leadership experience helpful.
- Previous experience building out or migrating a data center.
- Able to work unsupervised with minimal guidance.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Intelligence or a related discipline
*This position requires working at outside of standard working times as necessary to investigate and resolve client requests/issues.