Interpreta’s analytical engine continuously interprets and synchronizes clinical and genomics data in real-time, creating a personalized roadmap and enabling the orchestration of timely care. This provides physicians, patients, care managers, and healthcare organizations with the patient-specific information needed for improved quality, patient prioritization, population management, and precision medicine.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced ETL Engineer to join our team.
The ideal candidate is looking for a high-energy environment where you can make a direct contribution towards engineering our client facing applications. If you are you looking to join a company with a vision to imagine, design, and create a better world, please apply!
This position will collaborate with clients, product managers, business owners, data architects, database administrators, security operations, and developers to understand, interpret, and implement complex data integration and security requirements.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Assist with all aspects of the day-to-day* healthcare data extraction, transformation, and loading processes (flat file, EDI, HL7, CCDA, FHIR, etc.) for Operations that satisfy all functional and technical requirements for a variety of customer types and tools
- Develop, implement, and support healthcare data interfaces and file transfer processes during customer on-boarding; including, but not limited to, interface design, programming, upgrades, and testing. Assist customers with issues related to data mapping, ETL, tool issues, and quality assurance
- Collaborate with clients, product managers, business owners, data architects, database administrators, security operations, and developers to understand, interpret, and implement complex data integration and security requirements
- Supporting and enhancing our current data operations/production control function for a custom, private-cloud, SaaS architecture with daily reporting and monitoring
- Maintain and assist with interface and file specifications for effective, secure, quality data exchange using healthcare data with EMRs and other healthcare payer and provider information systems. Develop repeatable processes for the translation, transformation, processing, and archiving of healthcare data in a SaaS environment
- Monitor, report, and resolve issues with extraction, transformation, and loading processes throughout the application environment, including load monitoring and data quality issues
- Collaborate with internal and external clients to solve data integrity issues, troubleshoot data quality issues, and ensure timely data availability on a daily basis
- Define measurable metrics and required attributes to support a successful deployment which demonstrates our ability to meet customer operational SLAs
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated 2+ years client facing experience
- Combined minimum of 3+ years of demonstrated experience with ETL, data warehousing, database, and data analysis functions, support, production control and production operations
- Must have proven work experience querying, loading, and transforming data into databases in a SaaS or hosted application environment
- Strong, up-to-date knowledge of ETL best practices, preferably with experience working in a healthcare or other highly-regulated industry
- Must have experience with Linux command-line interface and Shell/BASH scripting
- Must have experience with SQL queries, stored procedures, views, etc
- Strong design, coding, testing, and debugging skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit strong planning, organizing, and project management skills
- Proven capability to gather, manage and synthesize large amounts of information efficiently, effectively and creatively with maniacal attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, an investigative mentality, organizational and logic skills
- Ability to be highly productive and efficient in a team driven environment
- Ability to work under pressure of projects and deadlines. Ability to prioritize work with associated excellent time-management skills.
- Adaptable to evolving needs and requirements
- Strong attention to detail and excellent follow through
- Must be local or willing to relocate
- This position is not eligible for work visa sponsorship
- Experience in Healthcare data management
- A good general understanding of healthcare operations, along with excellent research skills
- Proficiency with MongoDB, NoSQL, MySQL
- Proficiency with HL7, CCDA, EDI, FHIR, XML, SFTP
- Experience with managing, monitoring and scoring data quality in a transactional environment
- Ability to establish metrics/scorecards to demonstrate value-add
- Able to work unsupervised with minimal guidance
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Intelligence or a related discipline is required
*This position requires working at outside of standard working times as necessary to investigate and resolve client requests/issues.