Unqork is a no-code application platform that helps large enterprises build complex custom software faster, with higher quality, and lower costs than conventional approaches. Rather than relying on the need for code to translate business logic into an application, Unqork lets you design and build complex, fully functional applications using an intuitive visual interface. Whether it be insurance, health care, financial services, or public enterprise, Unqork is solving complex issues for industries across the board without ever writing a single line of code.
About the 2021 Unqork Internship Program:
This summer join Unqork in the no-code revolution! Unqork is seeking talented and driven individuals to participate in an exciting two-month internship program. During these eight weeks, you will be immersed in our inclusive and stimulating culture, working closely with some of the city’s best talent in your field and learning about the industry from veteran mentors.
At Unqork, we place great importance on personal growth both behind the desk and in front. Network with company leaders during our weekly happy hours and enjoy exciting social outings planned for you and your mentors. And best of all, be surrounded with forward-thinking individuals who are passionate about what they do.
Are you ready for a dynamic, fast-paced summer? Come with plenty of energy because we just don't move that slowly!
8 week long remote internship from June 14th through August 6th. We will kick-off your welcome with two days of training and orientation.
Other highlights include:
- Work on cross-functional teams
- Weekly meetings and feedback from managers
- Learning experiences with Unqork’s Senior Leadership Team
- Unqork “Yoda” Mentorship
- Weekly happy hour and virtual social events
- Weekly Learning Bites with distinguished guest
About your team:
The Security Team at Unqork operates at the intersection of technology, development, and governance; our team provides support to other parts of the business in building and designing secure systems, and ensuring that we operate in accordance with best practices and applicable regulatory frameworks. We see information security, data privacy, and regulatory compliance as strategic differentiators between us and our competition, and strive to continue developing a best in class product with security always in mind.
As an intern on the Security Team, you will participate in daily meetings, and shadow members of the Security Team across three primary areas of operation: Security Operations, Security Engineering, and Governance Risk & Compliance. After getting your footing, you will have the opportunity to design your own project in collaboration with a member of the Security Team, that you will have an opportunity to present to senior members of our organization.
Who you are:
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- You are detail oriented and a problem solver
- Possess the ability to manage multiple tasks in order to meet assigned deadlines
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work under moderate supervision
What we’re looking for:
- You have an interest in pursuing a career in cybersecurity
- Have strong proficiency with G-Suite (Sheets, Docs, Gmail,)
- Be studying computer science, or a similar field where you have exposure to technical concepts
- Have an understanding of basic security concepts such as encryption, firewalls, cloud-computing, and common cybersecurity frameworks (e.g., GDPR, NIST, CCP, ISO-27001)
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.