About This Job:
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for accounting operations of the company, including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, maintaining controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company`s reported financial results, ensuring that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles, ensuring income, sale and use taxes and other tax filings, are timely and accurate. This position reports directly to the Controller.
- Manage all Accounting operations, including reporting, month end and year end processes, regulatory reporting, and account receivable.
- Ensure a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets and improve operation and profitability.
- Work closely with external auditors on the completion of financial audits.
- Review and analyze new accounting pronouncements and ensure awareness of transactions and accounting impacts.
- Review and maintain transfer pricing agreements with subsidiaries
- Planning and implementing initiative to make continues improvements.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for external audits.
- Maintain chart of accounts, and a system of controls over accounting.
- Complete the implementation of and pursue full utilization and integration of Acumatica and OneStream and driving process improvements around use.
- Review, reconcile, and analyze specific general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Knowledge of ASC 606 and ASC 842
- CPA with experience as Assistant Controller or Senior Manger of a private or Public Company or as Assistant controller of a significant division of a company.
- Bachelor`s degree in Finance, Accounting or business administration or equivalent business experience (7+ years preferred)
- ERP system implementation experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the of accounting.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Deadline oriented with proactive attitude
- Demonstrable experience in analyzing a business issue and developing a future state recommendation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a willingness to proactively work with functions across the company
- Strong system skills (Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Self-starter, self-motivated, and possess good problem solving and analytical skills
- Be able to work efficiently and effectively under pressure while changing and realigning priorities
Who We Are:
Welcome to arrivia. We specialize in making brands better through the power of travel. With more than 55 years of combined experience, we’re a merger of three powerhouse brands (in case you’ve heard of us in the travel industry) combining ICE, SOR Technology and WMPH Vacations. With offices on both coasts of the US and around the world, we embrace diversity and a passion for travel across our global staff.
We’re focused on building a customer-first culture, fueled by the best travel experiences for all our members at every point in their journey. Grow with us, as we continue our path to deliver innovative solutions and take charge of change. The adventure is only beginning. We’re on a mission to help people around the world travel better and experience more. Our team members bring world-class skills to the table to create extraordinary memories for our partners and members.
Our Core Values:
Here at arrivia we…
- Stay Curious - Explore new challenges and make space to learn, grow and improve
- Keep it Real - Earn trust through open, honest and clear communication
- Own it - Seek ways to make an impact and take action.
- Win Together - Create a culture of connection and inclusion where everyone can be their best