ABOUT THE ROLE
Interior Define is seeking a new team member to play a key role in expanding our brand story to Interior Design professionals. Our Trade business is a developing and integral part of our company and we are looking for a passionate individual who is excited to grow, innovate, and expand this sector of our company.
The ideal candidate is eager to help us expand our brand, and to create a unique customer experience that far exceeds the uninspired, traditional retail furniture buying process. We are a fast-growing, start-up reinventing the way people shop for custom furniture (beginning with sofas).
- You are excited about building an innovative brand, that prioritizes an elevated customer experience.
- You have experience working on a team and can cultivate collaborative team growth and development.
- You are detailed oriented and are capable of managing the nuance of individual client’s needs through close coordination with our sales, operations, and marketing teams.
- You have a keen eye for design.
- You know how to manage a project end-to-end and can keep team members on stringent timelines throughout that process.
- You are comfortable communicating with design professionals and are able to maintain a calm and friendly presence throughout each customer interaction.
- You adapt to each situation quickly and are able to drive full ownership of your work. You jump in and you solve problems. You are able to troubleshoot quickly, but also know the right times to ask for help.
- You look for opportunities to make things better and faster (without compromising quality).
- You are customer focused. Our brand revolves around delivering an exceptional and differentiated customer experience. With that, you aim to make each customer experience better and will never settle for “that is good enough”.
- You are a team player and are capable of empathizing with others. You consider yourself to have an above average “E.Q.”
- Manage complete selling process from client first touch to purchase execution and ensure the customer experience is exceptional.
- Schedule and execute outside sales calls at designer offices as well as hosting appointments with design clients in the guideshop.
- Host lunch and learns, breakfasts, and cocktail hours for clients in and out of the guideshop.
- Attend design-industry related events in the local community: design awards, charities, book signings and openings etc.
- Place Trade Swatch Ring samples according to monthly goal in designer libraries and help track conversion outcome.
- Develop and execute an outreach plan to connect with designers in local area and included territories.
- Implement creative and out of the box outreach/selling strategies
- Field inquiries (and ultimately sell) to consumers over the phone, email, and – importantly – in person in our Guideshop.
- Help cultivate our brand culture in your local design community, building a community around our Guideshop.
- Advocate the I/D brand story.
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is excited about growth with the following credentials:
- You have at least 2-3 years experience in design sales/interior design field.
- You understand the ins and outs of the interior design industry and how to connect with interior designers.
- You are comfortable managing sales relationships, setting personal goals, and maintaining/exceeding sales performance objectives.
- You are a go-getter who executes creative ideas for how to grow sales and exceed goals.
- You have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to translate details into actionable responses.
- You are a clear, effective communicator.
- You love interacting with designers (and teammates).
- You are self-directed and willing to learn new things, ask questions, and promote customer experiences.
- You have a high-level of professionalism and standards of excellence.
- You are willing to travel and to spend minimal time in other markets to help promote our brand.
- You are outgoing, friendly and have a positive attitude.
Great to have:
- Project management experience.
- Furniture and textile knowledge.
- Proficiency in Excel and / or Google Sheets.
- Experience with Salesforce and the customer service platform Zendesk.
- SketchUp experience a plus.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Shopping for a sofa is one of the most important and emotional purchases anyone makes for their home. Your sofa sits in the center of your home, anchoring your space and influencing the way you interact with friends and family for years. Despite the significance of this purchase there was no brand making the experience more comfortable.
Interior Define is revolutionizing the way people shop for furniture (beginning with sofas). Through a vertical, made-to-order production approach and e-commerce focus, Interior Define crafts exceptional, customizable sofas and offers them for attainable prices. Interior Define makes customization easy: sofas can be tailored by size, fabric, configuration, leg style, and sit. Free white-glove delivery and a 365-day return policy are included with every order.
Your space is unique. Your sofa should be too.
- Health benefits
- Company sponsored free lunch on Fridays
- Incredible opportunity for growth within the company
- Flexible vacation policy
- Potential for occasional work from home days.
- Fun work environment and team culture. We believe every aspect of our brand including our work and culture should be as comfortable as our sofa.