Intercom is creatively fixing... 🛠️
How internet businesses connect with customers for more human conversation. Our teams are ambitious and humble – learning, solving and celebrating together.
We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies:
• 400+ employees worldwide
• $1M to $50M Annual Recurring Revenue in 3 years
• 25,000+ customers
• 1,000 new customers monthly
Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Manager of our Sales Development team is a new and integral role within the maturing sales organization. Reporting to the Director of North American Sales, this person will be responsible for building, and leading a high performing team of Sales Development reps. We are looking for a true leader that excels at developing their team’s skills and preparing them for roles of increasing responsibility and scope, while generating valuable leads to our Account Executives and Relationship Managers.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Effectively hiring, coaching and inspiring a group of variously experienced Sales Development reps to provide world-class experience to our prospective and current customers interested in learning more about Intercom’s products and platform.
- Completely running day to day lead generation operations for their team in a data-driven manner.
- Forecasting - Accurately predicting top of funnel lead volumes by channel on a monthly and quarterly basis, identifying and working with demand generation on channel performance
- Hiring – Build a talented team that delivers value to our prospective and current customers through consultative engagement
- Translating high-level team and company strategy into actionable goals and tactics for their team. Measuring progress towards those goals effectively
- Inspiring - Leading from the front and challenging the team run towards exciting challenges, helping us realize our true ambition and opportunity
- Developing, evaluating, and executing processes and policies to improve our level of service
- Working cross-functionally with other the rest of the GTM and R&D teams
- Working directly with other functions to ensure that we deliver best-in-class products and services to our customers
- Executing on discrete projects with collocated teams and individuals
- Teach, and embody, our Intercom company values and team operating principles
- Contributing directly to the strategic direction of the team by offering regular, candid, feedback and input to the leadership team
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years experience achieving and exceeding individual contributor goals in a revenue owning and closing role
- 1+ year(s) of experience directly managing a team of individual contributors
- Proven experience–and passion for–teaching, developing, and growing the people they work with
- Able to combine great people intuition, business judgment and discretion in decision-making
- Proven experience in management practices within a complex and matrixed environment
- Successful track record of designing, implementing, and validating processes and policies
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal)
- Exemplary sales skills and understanding of what it takes to succeed in a front-line customer sales role
- The ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities (ability to make trade-offs effectively) and adapt rapidly to a fluid, high-growth environment
- Team player with a strong sense of ownership and “get things done” attitude
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!