Intercom is creatively fixing...🛠️
How internet businesses connect with customers for more human conversation. Our teams are ambitious and humble – learning, solving and celebrating together.
We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies:
• 400+ employees worldwide
• $1M to $50M Annual Recurring Revenue in 3 years
• 25,000+ customers
• 1,000 new customers monthly
Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The People Operations (HR) Business Partner is a key member of the People Operations team in helping support a great employee experience! We are looking for a bright “people person” with a strong generalist background who excels in key areas of business partnership, employee relations, implementing programs to drive employee engagement and onboarding. Reporting to the Senior Manager of People Operations, you will play an integral role in supporting and driving an engaged employee experience and HR processes for Intercom’s rapidly growing Product and Engineering teams in San Francisco.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Be a strategic business partner to leaders by supporting managers and employees in matters related to career development, staffing, employee relations, performance management and employee engagement
- Proactively provide creative and engaging solutions to motivate employees at different career points and stages
- Coach leaders and people managers to proactively manage employees and provide advice and guidance on varying employee topics and issues
- Drive and support performance management processes across the business
- Partner with the People Operations Associate to evaluate and improve the onboarding process
- Oversee and support various training programs
- Manage sensitive offboarding conversations and exits
- Oversee documentation and retention measures, always seeking to improve processes that ensure legal compliance
- Keeping up to date on employment law and current best practices to help better facilitate the employee experience
- Other projects, as needed.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 4+ years experience in a Human Resources/People Operations function, preferably in a tech start-up environment in a business partner role, ideally supporting Engineering and Product teams.
- Able to combine great people intuition, business judgement and discretion in your decision-making
- Proven experience in conflict resolution and management practices within a complex and matrixed environment
- Experience providing business partnership and support to a diverse group of leaders and managers
- Successful track record of implementing HR processes, employee resourcing; performance management and change management
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal), exemplary client service skills, the ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities and adapt to a fluid, high-growth environment
- Knowledge of HR compliance regulations, employment laws, and industry best practices
- Team player with a sense of ownership and “get things done” attitude - self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced and self-directed environment
- Deep comfort level with technical systems and softwares, experience with Namely a plus
- Values and respects confidentiality
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Four-year degree or equivalent from an accredited university, highly desired.
We are a well-treated bunch, with a range of awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- Keep active with our wellness program that allows you to expense your gym membership and other sports activities up to $90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!