The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. 🛠️
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We’re looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our Administration team who is obsessively organized, but with a creative, problem-solving edge. You’ll seek information beyond what is plainly presented to you, with an aim to wholly understand the goals of the directors you support. You will actively find ways to be helpful in supporting the directors.
What will I be doing? 🚀
This is a dynamic role for which there will never be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, especially as the role grows and evolves - both with the company, and as a result of individual growth within the role. That said, the following things will be on your to-do list:
- You’ll provide administrative support to multiple directors, including scheduling meetings across multiple timezones and setting up phone calls and virtual meetings. This is to have a greater focus on more efficient calendar management
- You’ll stay on top of calendar management for directors and help organise their time
- You’ll book flights and hotels, coordinating details so that travelers are always prepared during trips
- You’ll manage expenses and team budgets for the directors
- You’ll assist with projects and events like team offsites, as assigned
- You may assist other admins on department wide projects, as needed
- You’ll be emerging as a resource for their directors, and possesses positive, approachable attitude.
This is a full-time position. You must be available and willing to occasionally work and answer e-mails outside of office hours, including weekends, when required.
What skills do I need? 📖
- You have 1 - 2 years experience supporting a team or organization and may support multiple directors
- You’re ambitious, self-motivated, always keen to learn and improve
- You’re able to initiate complex, high-level, multi-phase tasks and see them through to completion with minimal assistance
- You have a high bar for professionalism and confidentiality
- You’re extremely organized, with a knack for noticing and remembering details
- You’re enthusiastic and eager to help where åever you can
- You’re familiar with Gmail, Google calendar, Google drive
- You’re fluent with the internet and internet culture, able to research anything effectively online
- You’re friendly, collaborative, approachable and warm
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- You have a Bachelor's degree
- You have a strong interest in technology, some experience in this area
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday. There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.