The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. 🛠️
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
At Intercom we truly believe in the power of producing high quality editorial content to grow our business. Right now we primarily do that with blog posts, podcasts and books, which are recognized as some of the most thoughtful and insightful content in the software industry and reach hundreds of thousands of people every month.
But that’s just scratching the surface of what we can do. We have ambitious plans for 2018 and are looking for an experienced editor to join and lead our content team in San Francisco.
We don’t do content marketing in the usual formulaic and boring way. We strive to publish articles, record podcasts and write books, of the highest quality possible, that our readers will find interesting and valuable, and that we’d want to read ourselves.
You’ll be a strategic partner to other marketing functions such as Demand Generation, Product Marketing, Events and Communications. You will be expected to regularly deputize for our Director of Content at strategic meetings about how we can leverage content to fast track our business growth.
This is a strategically important role on a content team that’s considered one of the best in the business and will be resourced accordingly.
What will I be doing? 🚀
As Lead Editor you will:
- Lead our content operations in the San Francisco office and help manage, develop, and coach one of the best content teams in the business.
- Help colleagues from teams around Intercom effectively share their knowledge and insights through a variety of media. Your day to day will be supporting the editorial production process – from proofreading copy to writing headlines.
- Partner with other functions so that our content has the maximum impact on growing our business.
- You’ll optimize our processes so that we continue to produce high-quality content as efficiently as possible.
- Care deeply about sharing our content far and wide. You’ll have creative ideas about how we can grow our audience.
- Be actively involved in hiring and growing our content team.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 6+ years in an editorial role.
- 2+ years leading a team and owning team goals.
- First class writing and editing ability. You produce engaging, accurate copy even under time pressure. You know how to make a story compelling and craft a headline that gets clicks.
- Proven track record of partnering with other marketing functions to grow a business with a well-executed content strategy.
- Strong understanding of marketing principles and practices, both theoretical and practical.
- Experience building and executing SEO strategies.
- Passion for technology and genuine curiosity about software products.
- Growth and learning mindset.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is highly desired.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Relocation assistance available
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!