The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. 🛠️
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We’re looking for an experienced lead administrative professional in a high visibility role in our Dublin office. Our Administration Lead will provide team leadership to our Administration team and support to our senior leadership with ongoing operational projects. Reporting to our Director of People Operations, this role focuses on administrative oversight, project and people management and supporting backend operations.
What will I be doing? 🚀
There are 3 core responsibilities of this role, as outlined below:
Administrative Team Leadership
- You’ll supervise and coach executive and administrative assistants within our global offices;
- You’ll assist in recruiting, training, staffing and overflow workload management of administrative staff; and
- You’ll actively contribute to the growth and development of the team.
Senior-Level Administrative Support
- You’ll coordinate and facilitate meetings, including calendaring, agenda management, note taking and logistical support, as back-up to the primary support team;
- You’ll plan and coordinate people, tasks, logistics, events and/or training;
- You’ll provide additional support for leadership, when needed; and
- You’ll project and task management of office-wide initiatives.
Project Management & Compliance Support
- You’ll support the People Operations and Office Experience teams with contract management, including adherence to contract payment and invoicing schedules;
- You’ll manage contractor agreements and oversee NDA compliance;
- You’ll support and coordinate cross-functional compliance projects and processes; and
- Additional special projects, as assigned.
This is a full-time position. You must be available and willing to occasionally work and answer e-mails outside of office hours, including weekends, when required.
What skills do I need? 📖
- You have 5+ years experience in a strategically administrative role supporting a VP or C-Level executive in a fast-paced work environment
- You have supervisory experience within an administrative setting, with strong people management skills
- You’re ambitious, self-motivated, always keen to learn and improve
- You’re able to initiate complex, high-level, multi-phase tasks and see them through to completion with minimal assistance
- You have strong oral and written communication skills
- You have a high bar for professionalism, and confidentiality with the ability to exercise good judgment and discretion
- You’ve provided administrative and logistical support for senior leadership and executives
- You’re extremely organized, with a knack for noticing and remembering details and attentive to details
- You’re enthusiastic and eager to help wherever you can
- You’re an expert with Gmail, Google calendar, Google tools, MS Office
- You’re fluent with the internet and internet culture, able to research anything effectively online
- You’re a daily user of mobile software & apps
- You’re able to travel abroad occasionally
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday. There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.