The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. 🛠️
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's The Opportunity? 🤔
We have all experienced terrible customer service. Robotic agents running through a script of predetermined messages, never helping or sympathizing, just programmatically following instructions. That’s the opposite of who we are.
Our Customer Support team onboards, educates, and supports our customers on a global level. We start work the moment a customer decides they want to use Intercom, sticking with them every step of the way to ensure they get the most value from our product. In this role you will work directly with customers to help them get started and grow in using Intercom, answer product questions, track user feedback, report and escalate issues to engineers, and act as the bridge between our customers and our product design and development teams.
Our way of providing support is based on the principles of continuity and trust and our style of communication is personal, friendly and fun. We engage in dynamic conversations with our customers and are big fans of visual communication (think emojis, stickers, GIFs) - we believe that visual support is human support!
If you enjoy chatting to customers and troubleshooting, you will thrive in this role. You will work as part of an ambitious team and display ownership and proactivity. You will also have the opportunity to take on leadership tasks and work on process implementation and creation.
What Will I Be Doing? 🚀
- Communicating efficiently and effectively with our customers - we use Intercom to support Intercom customers, but you'll also be talking to customers on the phone every now and then
- Becoming an encyclopedia of knowledge about how Intercom works and what it is capable of
- Ensuring that all customers have a great experience with our product - a crucial part of the role is ensuring we make it as easy to use, reliable, bug-free, and as fast as possible
- Working directly with product teams to identify current issues and synthesizing the diverse feedback you hear from our customers, offering informed opinions on potential solutions
What skills do I need? 📖
- A genuine enjoyment of technology
- An understanding of internet culture
- Previous experience in a troubleshooting environment
- Great problem solving abilities
- The ability to rapidly switch gears while retaining focus on the bigger picture
- Passion for talking to customers all day, every day
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- The ability to explain complex topics in easy to understand and concise language [English]
- Ambition, eagerness and the will to learn and improve upon your own skills
- Eligibility to work in Ireland
We like big thinkers with small egos who believe in our goal to build a uniquely impactful, long-lasting tech company.
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday. There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme and secure bike storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.