The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. 🛠️
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As a Sales Development Representative, your role is to lay the foundation for Intercom Sales by engaging with prospects and customers, helping them understand the value of Intercom, and moving them forward in the sales process. As Intercom's first point of contact, you play a key role in building the Intercom brand, creating a great first impression, and building momentum for not only the sales team, but the company as a whole. We’re in the early days of building a world-class sales organization, and the road ahead is going to be very exciting.
We strongly believe in the overall growth and continued development of each new hire. In joining the Sales Development team at Intercom, you join a community that believes in development and promotion from within. We're looking for people who are excited to work in a fast moving company, make an impact, and rapidly develop their career in sales.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Providing a great experience for Intercom’s prospective customers
- Engaging with potential and current customers to assess mutual fit
- Working closely with Account Executives to build pipeline and drive deals
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of our product and its value to customers
- Demonstrating an ability to attract new customers
- Working with other functions to improve business processes
- Engaging in team development and mentoring
What skills do I need? 🛠️
- 0-3 years of work experience (Sales and/or SaaS experience is a +)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional listening skills combined with the ability to synthesize information
- Strong organization and time management
- Intellectual curiosity and problem solving
- Collaborative and coachable
- Highly motivated and self-driven
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- Keep active with our wellness program that allows you to expense your gym membership and other sports activities up to $90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!