The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. 🛠️
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has raised $116M in venture funding and has 350 employees across San Francisco, Dublin, Chicago, and London.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The People Operations team focuses on continually improving every part of the employee lifecycle. We take a bird’s eye view approach to holistically consider the life of an Intercomrade and their contribution, engagement, growth and development. Our team partners closely with business leaders to better understand business goals, objectives, market trends, and individual drivers.
The Lead BP is a key member of the People Operations management team and will be integral in supporting an amazing employee experience for a rapidly growing North America team. You will closely partner with business leaders to support the everyday engagement of their teams and look for ways to increase engagement and build on the employee experience. Reporting to the Director of People Operations, the Lead BP will manage a team of Business Partners, Associates and Coordinators.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Build relationships with leaders and managers to deeply understand people initiatives which drive employee engagement and development
- Proactively provide creative and engaging solutions to motivate employees at different career points and stages
- Partner with leaders in ensuring People Ops strategies and programs are aligned with business goals and objectives
- Coach leaders and people managers to proactively manage employees and provide advice and guidance on varying employee topics and issues.
- Provide strategic business partnerships to managers and leaders
- Partner closely with the People Operations leaders to develop and implement People initiatives at the local level
- Manage, develop, and coach an ambitious People Operations team of BPs and Associates
- Provide guidance and counsel in employee relations matters
- Facilitate and lead key initiatives and projects in the people org to continually enhance the employee experience
- Partner with local leaders in defining needs and goals in areas such as engagement, retention, performance management, staffing, conflict management and organizational development
- Provide expertise in development and execution, planning and facilitation of employee relations efforts
- Oversee and track various training programs
- Maintain knowledge or current employment law and best practices
- Look to be an active part of the Company culture and look for ways to enhance it; and
- Other projects, as needed.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 6+ years experience in a Human Resources/People Operations function, preferably in a tech start-up environment
- 4+ years experience as an HR Business Partner or the equivalent
- 4+ years experience with coaching at the manager level, focus on performance management and employee relations
- Proven leadership experience guiding teams in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Experience partnering with senior leadership and executive teams on people projects
- Experience developing teams by providing mentorship, guidance and career development
- Able to combine great people intuition, business judgement and discretion in your decision-making
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal), exemplary client service skills, the ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities and adapt to a fluid, high-growth environment
- Knowledge of HR compliance regulations, employment laws, and industry best practices
- Team player with a sense of ownership and “get things done” attitude - self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced and self-directed environment
- Deep comfort level with technical systems and softwares, experience with Namely a plus
- Values and respects confidentiality
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is highly desired
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
We are a well-treated bunch, with a range of awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- Keep active with our wellness program that allows you to expense your gym membership and other sports activities up to $90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!