The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. 🛠️
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is growing very fast. Over the past year we’ve more than doubled our Product and Engineering team to well over 100 people globally. This means that many processes we used 12 months ago no longer work as well. We need a Group Product Manager to manage PMs, evolve our PM process, and ensure we continue to ship high quality product that our customers love. This role reports to our Senior Director of Product in SF. This is a key leadership position in our Product and Engineering team.
We’re looking for someone who agrees with our high level philosophy on how to build great product. That is, PMs should be constantly talking directly with our users, they should have a very strong understanding of design, they should be obsessing over all the last details of their product, and have unending curiosity for understanding whether their product solves the problems they set out.
Intercom is an incredibly rare opportunity to join a company that is still small but on it’s way to something much bigger, with a meaningful transformative mission, where you would work directly with a product, design and engineering team who’ve come from Airbnb, Google, Amazon, Lyft, Facebook, Apple and others. And best of all, be early enough to hold a leadership position where you play a key role in our success in the years ahead.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Play a key role in ensuring we ship high quality product in a fast focused manner, including but not limited to inputting into our strategic direction, product and project prioritization and planning, execution of projects, quality of design and build, helping set estimates for releases, and hitting them
- Ensure the products we’re building are of a very high executional quality
- Manage and hire Product Managers and Senior Product Managers. Coach them, mentor them, ensure they are set up to succeed and are successful in their role
- Evolve the Product Management process at Intercom
- Take ownership of areas that we feel we need to focus on and improve. For example, how we measure successful product launches, how we measure product engagement or satisfaction, or how we improve our QA process
- Ensure the PM team are applying our process and acting out our values
- Work closely with Design to ensure design is of a high standard
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure we’re shipping great work
What skills do I need? 📖
- You have experience working as a Product Manager on products that are recognized within their industry as world class
- You have several years of experience directly managing other Product Managers including coaching, mentoring, and being responsible for their development
- You have experience working with both qualitative customer insights, and quantitative customer data to inform decisions. You’ve conducted user research, a/b tests and have worked closely with design researchers and analysts.
- You make logical, cogent arguments, and are predictable rather than ad hoc
- Your written and verbal communication is clear and concise
- You’re entrepreneurial, you don’t need direction, you're self driven
- You have strong interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to influence and build consensus across a broad range of backgrounds, organizational levels and personalities
- Experience in both later stage and early stage companies is a plus
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- Keep active with our wellness program that allows you to expense your gym membership and other sports activities up to $90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!