Intercom is creatively fixing...🛠️
How internet businesses connect with customers for more human conversation. Our teams are ambitious and humble – learning, solving and celebrating together.
We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies:
• 400+ employees worldwide
• $1M to $50M Annual Recurring Revenue in 3 years
• 25,000+ customers
• 1,000 new customers monthly
Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is growing rapidly, with plans to triple the R&D team in the next year. We're building something really incredible here at Intercom, on every dimension: the team, the people, the product, the business growth, the ambition, the opportunity.
What will I be doing? 🚀
This is a dynamic role for which there will never be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, especially as the role grows and evolves - both with the company and as a result of individual growth within the role. That said, the following things will often be on your to-do list:
- Directly support the Senior Director of Product and Senior Director of Engineering (leaders on R&D) and anticipate the needs of leaders and SF R&D by deeply understanding their goals and ensuring that their time is organized accordingly
- Provide administrative support including calendar management involving high-volume/complexity, frequent reprioritization of meetings, cross-functional project management, travel, and the ability to strategically prioritize access to your executives
- Own all planning and management around team events including recurring weekly and quarterly team meetings, team off-sites, and hackathons
- Help out with recruiting, managing and organizing candidate pipelines, and onboarding new people into the team
- Inform the leaders of employee updates and milestones, including performance reviews, birthdays, sub-team celebrations, and work anniversaries
- Thoroughly research and concisely report on anything from immigration procedures, a competitive product and conferences to event venue in a timely fashion
This is a full-time position. You must be available and willing to occasionally work and answer e-mails outside of general office hours, including weekends, when required.
What skills do I need? 📖
The ideal candidate will be obsessively organized, but with a creative, problem-solving edge. They will seek information beyond what is plainly presented to them, with an aim to wholly understand the goals of the leaders they support. They will actively find ways to be helpful in executing these goals.
- 5+ years experience supporting executives in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to initiate complex, high-level, multi-phase tasks and see them through to completion with minimal assistance
- High bar for professionalism, attention to detail, and confidentiality
- Acutely familiar with Gmail, Google calendar, Google drive, and other productivity software like Slack, Basecamp, Trello
- Always very calm under pressure, in high intensity in sometimes chaotic or ambiguous environments and deeply values being resourceful, being an owner and hustles to get work completed
- (BONUS) A strong interest in technology, some experience in this area
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- Keep active with our wellness program that allows you to expense your gym membership and other sports activities up to $90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!