The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What’s the opportunity?
As our Office Experience Coordinator, you’re a Jack/Jane of All Trades as well as the eyes and ears of our unique office. You are a natural people person, keen on the details, enjoy projects, excited by change and love a clean workspace.
We strongly believe in the overall growth and continued development of each new hire. In joining the team at Intercom, you join a community that believes in development and promotion from within. As a rapidly expanding business, there is a lot of opportunity for growth.
What will I be doing?
- Manage Reception by greeting all guests, visitors and employees, ensuring all visitors are added to building security guest list and having guests sign the NDA at the front desk
- Maintain security by following procedures, directing visitors, issuing and deactivating employee, vendor and visitor badges
- Manage shipping/mail by receiving and signing for deliveries, as well as alerting employees
- Monitor vendor relationships and identify any issues with snack/beverage stocking, catering needs, and day porter/janitorial tasks
- Manage new hire and visitor desk setup
- Maintain swag inventory
- Assist Office Experience Manager (OEM) to plan, execute, and breakdown office events (such as weekly happy hours)
- Have ownership of Canteen area and Reception area, ensuring that it is always tidy and properly stocked with snacks, beverages, and office supplies
- Work with OEM on “going greener” initiative and help to educate employees on how to properly recycle, compost and dispose of trash within the office
- Work with OEM on safety and emergency initiatives
- General tidying of entire office, identifying potential hazards
- Provide internal customer service when able, such as running errands as needed or picking up print jobs
What skills do I need?
- 2+ years of Customer Service or Hospitality related experience, preferably in tech or a fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, successfully multi-task, and demonstrate flexibility
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Solid computer skills, including Google Docs, Word and Excel
- Organized, detail oriented, exhibit forethought and possess a positive attitude
- Adaptable and resourceful in a dynamic environment
- Barista experience a plus!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- Keep active with our wellness program that allows you to expense your gym membership and other sports activities up to $90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!