The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What’s the opportunity?
As our first sales systems architect, you’ll play a mission-critical role in partnering with the global Sales team at Intercom to define and execute on our sales systems strategy. We are a fast growing company that aims to change the way companies interact with their customers, and we are looking for someone who is just as excited to build out the underlying systems and tools and automate key business processes that will enable our Sales teams to realize this vision.
What will I be doing?
You will be responsible for designing and managing the delivery of Salesforce based solutions and related sales technology projects across our marketing-sales funnel and order-to-cash process. You will proactively identify opportunities to simplify and increase the effectiveness of our business processes, and be responsible for technical project management and execution from inception through to delivery. You will help us define the system architecture landscape, identify gaps between current and desired end-states, and be responsible for building a solution that supports our business objectives.
You are just as comfortable working with sales business partners to break down their current business process, as you are working with our engineering and IT teams to build and maintain integrations with other business systems. You know how to maximize the value from Salesforce out-of-the-box functionality, but also when to make the trade-offs that would warrant a custom build.
This is a highly visible role within the company. You will be working closely with our Sales leadership, as well as cross-functional stakeholders such as Finance, Analytics, Engineering and IT. Given our small team size, you enjoy rolling up your sleeves to get things done, while also keeping an eye on the bigger picture and steering our systems roadmap and priorities in the right long-term direction.
What skills do I need?
- 6+ years development and/or administration experience with Salesforce.com
- Experience developing technical roadmaps and deploying software initiatives
- Salesforce.com Developer certification required; Salesforce.com Advanced Developer certification a plus
- Experience with SOAP and REST API frameworks required
- Experience integrating Salesforce with different business systems (e.g. billing, ERP)
- Able to explain complex systems and technical topics in a clear, concise manner to a non-technical audience and help derive business implications
- People management experience preferred
This role reports into the Director of Sales and Support Operations.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- Keep active with our wellness program that allows you to expense your gym membership and other sports activities up to $90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!