The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
We are looking for an accomplished and energized Director of Product Marketing with a passion for using, evangelizing and shaping great B2B products. This is a highly cross-functional and strategical role that requires strong partnerships with our Product, Growth, and Sales leaders to conceive and execute a strategy that successfully takes Intercom’s suite of products to market.
You’ll lead a growing team of 7 talented product marketers responsible for crafting compelling narratives for Intercom’s products for sales, marketing, and support teams. You will also play a key role in making decisions that inform our product roadmap, influence future product strategy, and ultimately drive Intercom’s go-to-market strategy. In short, a successful candidate will have a huge impact.
What will I be doing?
- Lead, motivate, mentor, and grow the product marketing team ensuring they are set up to succeed and are successful in their roles
- Be a trusted partner to the product team and relay customer, sales and market insights that inform product roadmap decisions and strategy
- Partner with the product and growth teams to improve the end-to-end user experience including funnel optimization, new feature development, and customer engagement
- Oversee the development and execution of launch plans for new product initiatives, working closely with product, PR, sales, support, and the rest of the marketing team
- Partner with our marketing leaders in content, demand generation, events, communications, brand design and product education to ensure unified marketing execution
- Stay up-to-date on the competitive landscape and in doing so ensure the team can communicate key differentiators of our products and identify opportunities for future growth
- Oversee the development of product content and sales enablement strategy
- Be the expert and spokesperson for Intercom’s products, their use cases, and the markets they compete in, internally and across external press and analyst relations channels
What skills do I need?
- 7+ years of product marketing experience in B2B technology, preferably in SaaS
- 3+ years experience building and leading a team of individual contributors and managers
- Proven track record of partnering with product management to contribute to product strategy
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills with an insane attention to detail
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to manage complex, cross-functional projects to completion
- You are genuinely excited by software products and can talk very comfortably about how they work
- Understanding of data and how to use data to perform analysis and make informed decision
- Have developed the positioning and messaging for products that serve multiple use cases and personas
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- Keep active with our wellness program that allows you to expense your gym membership and other sports activities up to $90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!