The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. 🛠️
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In
February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 20,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has raised $116M in venture funding and has 400+ employees across San Francisco, Dublin, Chicago, and London.
What's The Opportunity? 🤔
Operator is the Intercom bot. It is a hugely important part of our product strategy, and one of the things that we are most excited about. Operator launched in August 2017 but we’ve been writing about bots for a few years. We’ve built and tested lots of different types of bots, trying to understand where they work and where they don’t, and the state of maturation of technologies that bots tend to leverage. Operator was the culmination of that work, our first attempt. We deeply believe in shipping to learn, and so we’ve a long way to go with Operator and some very big plans for its’ future. We want you to join this team and do the best work of your career.
What Will I Be Doing? 🚀
As a Software Product Engineer you will:
- Contribute to our technical architecture as we grow. We scale to service requests from all our customers’ customers. We’re growing and so are they.
- Care about agility as much you care for scalability and availability. Continuous deployment keeps us focused on incremental releases. Even our biggest technical achievements roll out piece by piece, feature flagged out of sight. Projects are kept short and tightly scoped. Teams build a weekly cadence of releases
- Ship a change to production on your first day and a significant public release in your first week. That “day one” change is automatically deployed to production along with 80 other deployments (on average) each weekday
- Be proud of what you work on, obsess about the quality of the work you produce.
- Have regular opportunity and support for career growth. We are constantly growing and forming new teams. For those who are motivated to lead, we hugely bias internal promotions to Engineering Lead and Engineering Director roles. Public speaking, blogging, open source contributions and community participation is something we strongly encourage (and reward). We run events to share how we think and how we go about building great product - our last one was very well received.
How We Work? ⚒️
Intercom is growing fast. We’ve created an environment where product teams, with big ambitions, can ship high-quality product to our customers every week. Across a team of more than 80 engineers, we ship changes to production around 100 times each weekday. Our mission is to make web and mobile business personal. Come help us build a world-changing product, a long-lasting company and the most effective R&D team possible.
You’ll be part of our Operator product team which is a multidisciplinary team with design, frontend and backend engineering combined. While specialization is important, we discourage pigeonholing. Our most effective people work across design and implementation, making the right technology decisions to build the best product.
One of our senior engineers, joining from a major PaaS provider, described his experience as “Before, I saw customers through a very large telescope. Now I’m right beside them.” We love the satisfaction of hearing how happy our customers are with what we build for them.
We are a well-treated bunch and greatly care about you, we've awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on our list, talk to us! :)