The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
Intercom’s customer base is growing exponentially. Our customers love our product because we invest hugely in R&D to provide the best solutions in their category - and we’ve even recently launched a new product - Educate!
We deeply care about helping our customers get the value out of Intercom as quickly as possible. We’re looking for a Customer Success Manager who is passionate about our product, results driven, and excited by working directly with customers. To help them achieve their customer communication goals with Intercom. As one of our first Customer Success teammates, you’ll be a key member of the team, helping us define and grow the role itself.
We are asking our customers to put Intercom at the core of their businesses, and we can only do this by putting them at the core of ours. You will have the chance to onboard and educate customers from leading companies across multiple industries, helping them realize maximum value from our products. There is no up/cross selling or quota associated with your role - you will focus on helping customers get off on the right foot by helping onboard and teach them how to get the most from Intercom.
What will I be doing?
- Work with our important customers, understand their business goals and identify the tactics, strategies, and best practices needed to achieve them
- Onboard and educate our customers to ensure they implement Intercom in alignment with their goals and our best practices
- Successfully develop and deliver educational content while tracking progress
- Collaborate with internal account owners and the customer support team to reduce churn and surface expansion opportunities
- Develop world class expertise in the Intercom products, best practices, and implementation strategies for a broad range of use cases and customer goals
- Collect product feedback and channel it to the Product Team
What skills do I need?
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-2 years experience in SaaS Customer Support or Customer Success (Account Management a plus!)
- Experience working with Engineering teams, Sales, and Product Managers
- Strong domain knowledge in one or more Intercom’s product areas (Customer Support & Success, Marketing, Customer Acquisition & Sales)
- Previous experience with problem solving in a customer facing environment
- Desire to learn new customer communications best practices and approaches
- Passion for consulting and tactical empathy to apply and present complex solutions effectively
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to explain complex topics in easily understood, concise language [English]
Bonus skills & attributes
- Desire and ability to contribute to our industry leading blog on topics relevant to your role
- Experience working with Intercom’s products
- Knowledge and experience in other marketing and customer communication tools and platforms
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- Keep active with our wellness program that allows you to expense your gym membership and other sports activities up to $90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!