The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
As our Events Associate, you will be responsible for owning internal events which focus on celebrating our hard work and enhancing our employee experience and culture. You are a natural people person, high energy, enjoy unique projects, creative and specialise in the art of hospitality.
What will I be doing?
- You’ll be creating and owning all internal events including large global celebrations/events such as our Christmas party, company anniversary, annual summer BBQ, Pride celebration as well as partnering with leaders and teams to support regular meet-ups, community events, and on-site “happy hours”
- You’ll distribute invitations, maintain event RSVP lists and post-event feedback
- You'll be involved in the development and delivery of comms plans for events
- You’ll have full ownership of events, including set-up, execution, break down and post-event feedback
- You’ll build and maintain a yearly calendar of events and event timelines and coordinate with teams internally to own special event management and execution including product launches and product celebrations
- You’ll provide backup support to the Office Experience team, made up of Niamh Flannery, our Office Experience Manager, and Jamie McCabe, our Office Experience Coordinator, taking on projects as needed
What skills do I need?
- 2+ years experience managing events, preferably in tech or hospitality
- Positive, can-do attitude, independant and self-motivated
- Strong work ethic and high attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to build strong network of vendors and other resources
- Exceptional organisational, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and projects and work well under pressure
- Flexibility to work hours outside a traditional work week
Bonus skills & attributes
- Fluent in Google Applications
- You've worked in events in either tech or hospitality industries
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.