The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
We're looking for a Customer Success Representative to work in Sydney, Australia. If you are hungry to upskill really fast and be given extra responsibility, have some engineering/web development experience and want to create a truly exceptional customer experience, the Support team at Intercom is the one for you. The Customer Support team is primarily responsible for onboarding, educating, and supporting our customers on a global level. We start work the moment a customer decides they want to use Intercom, sticking with them every step of the way to ensure they get the most value from our product. Support Representatives are responsible for working directly with customers to help them get started and grow in using Intercom, answer product questions, track user feedback, report and escalate issues to engineers, and act as the bridge between our customers and our product design and development teams.
What will I be doing?
- Communicating efficiently and effectively with our customers - we use our own product to do most of our support, but you'll also be talking to customers on the phone every now and then
- Owning customer communications and issues from initial contact until resolution
- Becoming an encyclopedia of knowledge about how Intercom works and what it is capable of
- Influencing the direction of Intercom, the product
- Being the one responsible, along with the Support team, to ensure that all customers have a great experience with the product - a crucial part of the role is ensuring we make the product as easy to use, reliable, bug-free, and fast as possible
- Working directly with product teams to identify current issues and, synthesizing the diverse feedback you hear from our customers, offer informed opinions on potential solutions
We like big thinkers with small egos who believe in our goal to build a uniquely impactful, long-lasting tech company.
What skills do I need?
- A genuine enjoyment of technology
- An understanding of internet culture
- Previous experience in a troubleshooting environment
- Great problem solving abilities
- The ability to rapidly switch gears while retaining focus on the bigger picture
- Passion for talking to customers all day, every day
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- The ability to explain complex topics in easy to understand and concise language [English]
- Ambition, eagerness and the will to learn and improve upon your own skills
Bonus skills & attributes
- A competitive salary
- Equity in a fast growing start-up
- Regular compensation reviews: great work is rewarded!
- Work from home while contributing meaningfully to a very fast growing and dynamic startup
- Flexible holidays
- Something else that’s important to you? Talk to us, we’re flexible :)