The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
At Intercom, both our Engineering and Product teams have continued to grow at a rapid pace as we've scaled, and we’re now on the lookout for an Administrative Assistant who is eager to support these teams as we continue on our hyper-growth trajectory. This role involves supporting multiple directors, namely our Directors of Engineering, Rich Archbold and David Ashe, and our CTO and Co-Founder, Ciaran Lee, with everything related to administration; from calendar management to travel coordination to project assistance.
What will I be doing?
The following list of items will often be on your to-do list when supporting our directors:
- You'll provide administrative support to include scheduling meetings and setting up phone calls and virtual meetings
- Staying on top of calendar management for directors and help organise their time
- You'll book flights and hotels and coordinate details so that travellers are always prepared during trips
- You'll manage expenses and team budgets for the directors
- You'll help out with recruiting, managing and organizing candidate pipelines, and onboarding new people into the team
- You'll help project manage major/cross-functional tasks and projects
- You'll inform the leaders of employee updates and milestones, including performance reviews & others
- You'll strive to deeply understand the team's goals, and work with the executive to ensure that the team's time is organized accordingly
- You must be available and willing to occasionally work and answer emails outside of office hours, including weekends, when required
- This is a non-exhaustive list, and as you grow and develop in the role, your responsibilities will shift and adapt to your growth
What skills do I need?
Ideally, you will be obsessively organised, but with a creative, problem-solving edge. You'll seek information beyond what is plainly presented to you, with an aim to wholly understand the goals of the team you support. You will actively find ways to be helpful in executing these goals.
- 2+ years experience working as an administrative assistant
- Ambitious, self-motivated, always keen to learn and improve
- Able to initiate complex, high-level, multi-phase tasks and see them through to completion with minimal assistance
- High bar for professionalism, and confidentiality
- Fluent with the internet and internet culture, able to research anything effectively online
- Very comfortable dealing with ambiguity and ambiguous situations
Bonus skills & attributes
- Experience working in the tech industry or in a tech environment
- Familiar with Gmail, Google calendar, Google drive
- A strong interest in technology
- A daily user of mobile software and apps
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.