The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What’s the Opportunity?
Intercom is paving the way in providing personal and efficient customer support at scale. We are building software that changes the terrible experience of robotic agents running through a script, never helping or sympathizing - that’s the opposite of who we are.
Our way of providing support is based on the principles of continuity and trust and our style of communication is personal, friendly and fun. We are big fans of visual communication (think emojis, stickers, GIFs) - we believe that visual support is human support!
As our customer base continues to grow around the world, so does our Customer Support team - in fact, we’re expecting to double it this year. We’re looking for a Customer Support Lead to join our 4 existing leads (Sharon, Leanne, Ruth and Martin) and manage a team of 5-6 to start. This role is critical to our company’s mission, as you will be onboarding, developing, and supporting our CS team, who in turn supports our customers globally.
This role weaves together the chance to continue developing your technical expertise in an exciting tech company, along with people management experience. You will help us solve a real need for leadership and in turn we will help you take your skills to the next level through training, support and mentorship from Kaitlin Pettersen who you will report to. Now is a great time to join - Intercom is still in its early stages and you have the opportunity to jump on this rocketship to have real impact on the Customer Support team and its customers. Our entire R&D team is based here in Dublin, so you can influence the direction our product takes, plus get first-hand help on any technical queries from our engineers.
What skills do I need?
Intercom is a high growth environment and you will thrive here if you’re resilient, love supporting and developing people through change, and are able to provide systems and strategies to be successful and support your contributors in a meaningful way.
You will also need:
- Experience working in a customer facing role, this can include the retail or service industries
- 1-2 years experience in a role where you directly led and managed people
- Comprehensive knowledge of the technology industry and software products
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and inspire
- Solid comprehension of statistics and ability to recognize patterns in data and provide recommendations based on those patterns
Bonus skills and attributes:
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Previous experience scaling a customer support organization
- Background in a SaaS or technology company
How to apply
Please include a cover letter with your application where you outline your reasons for wanting to join Intercom in this role. Inject some personality here, we want to know what drives you and what makes you unique!
Please also answer two questions in the text fields below (~200 words for each question).
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday. There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.