The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 15,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago Support office and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
As our customer base is expanding, we’re looking for an Associate Product Manager to help our team with the day-to-day work involved in building great product.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to break into product management. You will be embedded with a team of engineers, product managers and designers, working on an innovative customer communication product every day. Your focus will be on the executional elements of the product management role. You'll also support the PM team to determine the roadmap for an area of the product, deliver these solutions from conception to release, and continuously ship improvements to our customers.
This is also an opportunity to work in an environment designed to deliver world class product, learning from some of the best product people in the business. You will report to Brian Donohue, our Group Product Manager, and you’ll get daily support and direction from the PM team. You’ll also get to work regularly with our wider product team who have worked in top software companies (ex Google, Facebook, Yandex) and who are regular contributors to Intercom product management blog and published books.
What will I be doing?
- You will talk to our customers every day to truly understand their problems and consider how we can build solutions to solve these problems
- You will assist the PM in delivering a product that meets our bar. This will involve running beta testing of new features, synthesising qualitative and quantitative feedback, organising and executing internal testing of our product with design, and using our product every day to understand how it can be better
- You will help the team stay on top of the competitive landscape, for example, by trying out competing services and monitoring the changes that are happening in the market
- You will work with the product team to understand the quality of the product currently available to customers and take action to maintain and improve it
- You will support the PM in team and company wide communications on product changes
- Finally, you will ensure that our product education, messaging and API documentation is accurate and up-to-date in an environment of constant shipping
What skills do I need?
You don’t need a lot of previous experience. What matters to us is that you love building things and have a passion for great product. You have likely made apps/websites in the past and have enjoyed providing software solutions to real problems. This job is perfect for you if you’re keen to start your product career and grow in it.
You should have:
- An analytical, curious and inquisitive mindset when thinking about software products and user behaviour
- Good knowledge of and interest in the tech industry
- Higher level degree in a relevant subject or equivalent work experience in a different discipline
- Positive, enthusiastic, optimistic attitude
- Ability to adapt to change in complex team situations
- Drive, motivation and strong follow-through on tasks
- Sharp eye for detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Eligibility to work in Ireland
How to apply
Please include a cover letter with your application where you outline your reasons for wanting to join Intercom in this role. Inject some personality here, we want to know what drives you and what makes you unique!
Please also answer two product questions in the text fields below (~250 words for each question).
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday. There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need to
- Paid parental leave to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our roaming FlyeFit gyms in Dublin membership
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done