The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What’s the opportunity?
At Intercom, the Finance and Analytics team partners with every function in the organization in order to help teams use metrics and data to make better decisions. We're highly quantitative individuals who love to turn data into insights and communicate our findings fearlessly, and we're looking for similarly-minded individuals who are constantly curious and driven to understand our business better.
In this role, you will work with teams across Intercom (including sales, marketing, growth, and product) to measure new initiatives, make data-driven recommendations around go-to-market strategy, and keep a finger on the pulse of our business. Specific projects our team works on include analyzing the customer signup experience, measuring the performance of paid advertising campaigns, prioritizing the leads our sales team should reach out to, and many more.
In addition to being strong analytically, we’re looking for someone who is comfortable working in a dynamic environment with many different stakeholders, and who can work across the analytics and data stack in order to solve problems and produce insightful analyses. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What will I be doing?
- Evaluating the performance of our go-to-market strategy by analyzing customer funnels and metrics (CAC, LTV, churn, etc.)
- Monitoring the state of the business on a regular basis and providing guidance on changes
- Creating dashboards and models that allow internal consumers to gain insight into the performance of their functional areas
- Acting as a partner for other teams at Intercom in order to increase familiarity with and use of our data, and set a high bar for analytics across the organization
- Building reusable data pipelines for company-wide use
- Performing deep dives and exploratory analysis with any data that interests you
- Sharing your findings and concrete recommendations across the company
What skills do I need?
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field
- 2+ years of work experience analyzing data and deriving insights
- Excellent communication skills (technical and non-technical), including experience in high-level business discussions
- Ability to work autonomously in a dynamic environment
- Excellent SQL skills and experience with Excel, R, Python, or other analysis tools
- Strong critical reasoning skills, including understanding of common pitfalls of data analysis
- A proven track record of initiating and delivering actionable analysis
- Nice to have: Engineering experience, familiarity with BI/visualization tools, work experience with large datasets, understanding of SaaS business models
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- Keep active with our wellness program that allows you to expense your gym membership and other sports activities up to $90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!