The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 15,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
We’re hiring a Product Manager to join the team. This is an opportunity to work in an environment designed to deliver world class product, with significant responsibility and ownership, while learning from some of the best product people in the business.
Intercom’s product teams are designed to deliver world class product, fast. Our core principles are baked into how we tackle every project.
- We believe that nothing can be solved without understanding the problem first. You’ll go deep on defining the problem before considering any solution
- We believe the biggest ideas are achieved in many small steps. You’ll be thinking big, working with your team to come up with innovative new solutions, before starting small, scoping the solution into its smallest possible essence to ship to customers fast
- We believe that you never truly know how features will work until you get them into customers’ hands. You’ll be central to beta releasing new ideas and features, understanding how customers use them and quickly iterating on them based on qualitative and quantitative feedback
You’ll have a significant amount of ownership and responsibility, having a lead role in a product team made up of a PM, designer and engineers. Together you’ll determine the roadmap for your area, deliver these solutions from conception to release, continuously shipping improvements to our customers.
At the same time you’ll have the support you need. You will report to Colin Bentley, our Group Product Manager, who will give daily support and direction. You’ll also get to work regularly with our wider product team containing some of the best product people in the business (ex Google, Facebook, Yandex), who are regular contributors to Intercom product management blog and published books.
What will I be doing?
- With support of the Group Product Manager, understand our business strategy and deliver product that reflects a uniquely Intercom perspective on how to achieve it
- Become an expert in your area of the product, understanding the competitive landscape, the evolving market needs, and how those things relate to the company mission and vision.
- Manage the roadmap - capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritise this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- Deeply know the problems that you’re tackling through research and regular interaction with customers
- Collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagining future solutions that solve these problems
- Scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as you can
- Constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures
- Own and maintain the quality of the product areas you’re team are responsible for
- Lead a cross-functional team of product engineers, designers, researchers & data analysts and ultimately own the success or failure of your team's work
What skills do I need?
- Have a strong design background, think deeply about product design decisions and have an understanding of how to create simple user interfaces.
- Be an excellent self starter who can collaborate effectively with designers and engineers
- Be an excellent communicator of product decisions and know the rationale behind them
- Have excellent organisational skills and experience in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Be able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically.
- Form strong and articulate opinions about the difference between work that should be done now and work that can wait based on a complex and evolving matrix of challenges and opportunities
Bonus skills & attributes
- Have an understanding of the technical architecture of complex web and mobile applications.
- Have a strong understanding of social design including behaviour patterns from psychology and social psychology.
- Have experience building products that people can access on multiple devices, desktop, tablet, phone.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday. There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need to
- Paid parental leave to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our roaming FlyeFit gyms in Dublin membership
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
If you have any questions on this job, or would like to learn some more about the salary and benefits on offer, feel free to give Stanley a call on 01 486 9010, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m available during business hours Monday to Friday to chat!