The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 15,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
The People Operations (HR) Manager is a key member of the People Operations team in helping support a great employee experience! Reporting to the Director of People Operations, the People Operations Manager will play an integral role in developing HR processes for Intercom’s rapidly growing North America team.
What will I be doing?
- Partner with the People Operations leaders, develop and implement People initiatives at the local level
- Continually look to support a great employee experience for our North America employees
- Manage, develop, and coach an ambitious People Operations team
- Partner with leaders in ensuring People Ops strategies and programs are aligned with business goals and objectives
- Provide guidance and counsel in employee relations matters
- Facilitate and lead key initiatives and projects in the people org to help improve the employee experience
- Partner with local leaders in defining needs and goals in areas such as engagement, retention, performance management, staffing, and organizational development
- Ensure employee data compliance, maintain onsite employee files, ensuring accurate documentation, pay and benefits, personal and job-related data is kept up-to-date and compliant
- Adhere to documentation and retention measures; always seeking to improve processes that ensure legal compliance
- Oversee and track various training programs
- Maintain knowledge or current employment law and best practices
- Look to be an active part of the company culture and look for ways to enhance it
What skills do I need?
- 6+ years experience in a Human Resources/People Operations function, preferably in a tech start-up environment
- Proven leadership experience guiding teams in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Experience developing teams by providing mentorship, guidance and career development
- Ability to combine great people intuition, business judgement and discretion in your decision-making
- Successful track record of implementing HR processes, employee resourcing, performance management and change management
- Excellent communication skills, exemplary client service skills, the ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities
- Knowledge of HR compliance regulations, employment laws, and industry best practices
- Be a team player with a sense of ownership and a “get things done” attitude - self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced and self-directed environment
- A deep comfort level with technical systems and softwares; experience with Namely is a plus
- A proven track record of supporting management to ensure strong employee relations
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Global Wellness Program
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!