The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
At Intercom, we are striving to do sales differently. You can read more about our approach here. We are asking our customers to put Intercom at the core of their businesses, and we can only do this by putting them at the core of ours.
As an Account Executive, you will be a key member of the team leading the growth of our business in EMEA. We’re building a world-class sales organisation, and the road ahead is going to be very exciting.
What will I be doing?
- Spearheading the growth and adoption of Intercom and evangelize our product
- Managing the full sales cycle, ensuring that our clients receive the highest level of sales through consulting and operational customer service
- Converting leads created by the Sales Development team
- Developing new opportunities from our existing customers
- Providing timely and accurate forecasts and clear visibility on sales and revenue performance by actively managing the pipeline of opportunities and weekly sales forecasts
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of our products and processes
- Creating your own demonstrations, tailored to your client needs
- Working with our Marketing, Product and Customer Success teams to create the best customer experience
- Engaging in team development and mentoring
What skills do I need?
- Have 2+ years of sales experience, preferably in a tech environment, in a Business Development or revenue-targeted Account Management role
- Have a proven track record of delivering business results
- Be an exceptional written and spoken communicator
- Be comfortable and energized operating in a fast moving organisation
- Passionate about product and working with companies of all sizes
- Entrepreneurial, autonomous and self-motivated
- Enthusiastic about learning and growing in this space
- Intellectually curious and ambitious
Bonus skills & attributes
- Proficiency in a European language, such as French, German or Hebrew
- Experience in B2B Sales
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done