The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 15,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
The People Operations Business Partner is a key member of the People Operations (Which is what we call HR here!) team in helping support a great employee experience! We are looking for a bright “people person” with a strong generalist background who excels in key areas of business partnership, employee relations, implementing programs to drive employee engagement and onboarding. Reporting to the Manager of People Operations, you will play an integral role in supporting and driving an engaged employee experience and HR processes for Intercom’s rapidly growing Product and Engineering teams in Dublin.
What will I be doing?
- Be a strategic business partner to leaders by supporting managers and employees in matters related to career development, staffing, employee relations, performance management and employee engagement
- Proactively provide creative and engaging solutions to motivate employees at different career points and stages
- Coach leaders and people managers to proactively manage employees and provide advice and guidance on varying employee topics and issues
- Drive and support performance management processes across the business
- Partner with the People Operations Associate to evaluate and improve the onboarding process
- Oversee and support various training programs
- Manage sensitive offboarding conversations and exits
- Oversee documentation and retention measures, always seeking to improve processes that ensure legal compliance
- Keeping up to date on employment law and current best practices to help better facilitate the employee experience
- Other projects, as needed.
What skills do I need?
- 4+ years experience in a Human Resources/People Operations function, preferably in a tech start-up environment in a business partner role, ideally supporting Engineering and Product teams
- 4-year degree or equivalent from an accredited university, highly desired
- Able to combine great people intuition, business judgement, and discretion in your decision-making
- Proven experience in conflict resolution and management practices within a complex and matrixed environment
- Experience providing business partnership and support to a diverse group of leaders and managers
- Successful track record of implementing HR processes, employee resourcing; performance management and change management
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal), exemplary client service skills, the ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities and adapt to a fluid, high-growth environment
- Knowledge of HR compliance regulations, employment laws, and industry best practices
- Team player with a sense of ownership and “get things done” attitude - self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced and self-directed environment
- Deep comfort level with technical systems and software, experience with Namely a plus
- Values and respects confidentiality
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need to
- Paid parental leave to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our roaming FlyeFit gyms in Dublin membership!
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done