The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 15,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
Intercom is looking for an analytically grounded pricing leader to take our pricing strategy to the next level. As the Pricing Manager, you will be building out our pricing function, and partner with senior executives in our Marketing, Sales, Finance and Product organizations to drive growth and inform our go-to-market strategy.
You will help to define monetization strategies for new offerings, optimize packaging & pricing for existing offers, and develop processes to ensure successful pricing execution.
The right candidate will be able to move easily between developing innovative pricing models and portfolio strategies, deriving insights from customer research and data analysis, and creating actionable implementation plans. You will be a thought leader working closely with cross-functional stakeholders to develop pricing for new product lines and iterate continually on existing products. You will also be responsible for coordinating initiatives across the company to ensure a consistent application of our pricing philosophy across channels, geos etc.
This position is based in San Francisco, California, and reports into the Head of Global Sales and Support Operations.
What will I be doing?
- Define and own our pricing roadmap to focus on the highest value opportunities
- Help drive go-to-market monetization strategy for new offerings
- Analyze competitive data, market trends, customer adoption and other analytics to continuously evaluate, report and iterate on pricing
- Meet regularly with Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Product stakeholders to understand both internal and customer feedback in order to address pain points
- Drive pricing ideas from concept to market test to market launch, owning every step along the way
- Work with Finance, Operations, and other stakeholders to deliver pricing that adheres to best practices related to revenue recognition, legal requirements, and billing limitations
- Develop process foundations to improve price governance, price execution, market validation, & decision making
- Measure pricing KPIs to track performance and enable continuous improvements
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years of experience in consulting, pricing, and/or business strategy roles, preferably with a Master’s Degree or greater
- Demonstrated thought leadership in monetization strategy, pricing models, and value-based pricing, preferably in SaaS / Software / Internet businesses
- Effective leader who can develop innovative strategies, inspire cross-functional teams, and drive decision making among senior executives.
- Highly quantitative and data-driven. Experience using hypothesis and data-driven analyses to solve large, complex business problems and quantify business opportunities.
- Ability to drive key initiatives to successful outcomes in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
Bonus skills & attributes
- Passionate about understanding customer needs, driving customer value creation, and developing go-to-market strategies to accelerate growth.
- Experienced researcher. Expertise with research methodologies and data analytics to support pricing strategies
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family