The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 15,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
At Intercom, the Product Analytics team partners with product teams to help Intercom make sense of our users, our products and our business using metrics and data. Data Analysts are called Product Analysts here. We're highly quantitative individuals who love to turn data into insights and communicate our findings fearlessly. We are super passionate about data analysis and data-informed decision making, and we're looking for similarly minded individuals who are innately curious and driven to understand our users, our products and our business through data.
We currently have a small but growing team of talented Data Analysts and Data Scientists here in Dublin focused on measuring the success of the Intercom product, providing insights to product teams to help them make informed decisions and driving innovation with data. We're excited to increase the depth of talent on that team by bringing on highly quantitative and curious people who are excited by massive amounts of data, driven to transform this data into actionable insights and passionate about informing the design and development of beautiful, innovative products. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What will I be doing?
Here are some of the responsibilities you'll have in this role:
- Partner with product teams to help them identify important questions and answer those questions with data
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the product and the flow of data through the product
- Develop a culture of measurement and metrics across the company
- Work closely with product managers, designers and engineers to develop key success metrics for the product
- Understand our product roadmap and translate it into impactful analytics projects
- Influence our product roadmap through exploratory analysis and quantitative research
- Develop hypotheses and conduct a range of analyses to explore activation, engagement and retention as well as in-depth patterns of product usage
- Build and automate actionable models and dashboards
- Be a source of truth against our product assumptions
- Share your findings and concrete recommendations across the company
What skills do I need?
- Strong SQL skills (1+ years hands on experience is a must)
- Basic grasp of statistics
- Proven track record of initiating and delivering actionable analysis with minimal supervision
- 1-2 years experience in data analyst role, preferably working closely with product teams
- BA/BS or MS degree preferably in quantitative discipline (e.g., Applied Math, Econ, Statistics, Eng, CS)
- Experience with a scientific computing language (such as R or Python)
- Experience with BI/Visualization tools like Looker and Tableau
Bonus skills & attributes
- You love data!
- You are innately curious and you are constantly asking questions
- You thrive on working in fast pace work environment, you are a self-starter
- You are an excellent communicator and can convey opinions and insights to diverse audiences
- You are excited and passionate about product development & innovation
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need to
- Paid parental leave to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our roaming FlyeFit gyms in Dublin membership!
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done