The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 15,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
This is the opportunity to be the holistic owner of the self serve channel at Intercom and report directly into the VP Sales & Support. This individual will ensure that all Go-to-Market teams responsible for impacting the channel have visibility of current performance and any upcoming initiatives. This will be a highly cross functional role with the opportunity to work closely with and align our Sales, Customer Support, Growth, and Marketing teams. A successful Director, Self Serve will continue to expand and grow our footprint while improving customer retention and experience over time.
What will I be doing?
- Develop and manage the key KPIs within the business
- Collaborate with support leaders to ensure coverage of self serve channel
- Responsible for identifying long and short term risks and opportunities
- Create and own Upsell and Cross Sell Strategy
- Build strong cross functional relationships with sales and support to align on fluidity between the field and self serve channel
What skills do I need?
- Excellent strategic skills and ability to translate strategy into a tactical plan
- Strong cross-functional communicator
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving ability
- SAAS experience
- Intellectual curiosity and ambition
- Experience with a platform-based business
- Consulting or operational experience
- Direct experience working with R&D teams at product first companies
- Experience working in a consulting or operational function
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!