Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital. We live by our six company values everyday: Success First, Customer Obsessed, Incredibly High Standards, Open Mindedness, Resilience, Impatience, and Positive & Optimistic. They are stitched into the way we work, interact with others, and hold ourselves accountable. We’re eager to hire individuals who are passionate about our mission, deeply aligned with our values, and are excited to help shape the future of customer service.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Customer Support team is responsible for onboarding, educating, and supporting our customers on a global level. We start work the moment a customer decides they want to use Intercom, sticking with them every step of the way to ensure they get the most value from our product.
This opportunity is for folks who truly love supporting customers and see themselves in a customer facing role long term. This is not a springboard into other areas or jobs at Intercom. This is a great role for those who are looking to be part of our support team for a while and who are excited about supporting Intercom’s growth with personal experiences.
This position will be hybrid with the expectation to work from the office 1-3 days a week and work from home the remaining days of the week. You are welcome to work from the office full-time if that is preferred. Hours for our evening role will be 12:15-9pm Mon-Fri.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Communicating efficiently and effectively with our customers - we use our own product to do most of our support, but you'll also be talking to customers on the phone every now and then
- Owning customer communications and issues from initial contact until resolution
- Becoming an encyclopedia of knowledge about how Intercom works and what it is capable of
- Being the one responsible, along with the Support team, to ensure that all customers have a great experience with the product - a crucial part of the role is ensuring we make the product as easy to use, reliable, bug-free, and fast as possible
- Working directly with product teams to identify current issues and, synthesizing the diverse feedback you hear from our customers, offer informed opinions on potential solutions
What your first 6 months will look like:
30 days - Onboarding to Intercom and Customer Support: You’ll learn what it means to be an Intercomrade and the ins & outs of our product. You will learn the fundamentals to set you up for success and be talking to our customers alongside a dedicated mentor.
90 days - Helping customers & crushing KPIs: At this point you’ll be fully ready to jump in helping customers and tracking your performance based on our ambitious yet achievable Key Performance Indicators.
6 months - Broadening your impact on the team and your personal development: While supporting customers, you will also have the opportunity to get involved with CS teams and additional projects like social media support, bots & automation, quality assurance, internal support, and more!
What skills do I need? 📖
Remember that there’s no such thing as the perfect candidate or background, which is what makes us unique and successful! Imposter syndrome is common, but we’d love to hear from you. So please don’t hesitate to apply, even if you don’t tick every box on this page!
- Passion for talking to customers, paired with a genuine interest in technology
- A strong drive to contribute to business and support operation improvements
- Excellent communication and writing skills, alongside great problem solving abilities
- Excitement for a support environment that is constantly experimenting with workflows and automation to drive efficiency
- The ability to rapidly switch gears while retaining focus on the bigger picture
- The ability to explain complex topics in easy to understand and concise language [English]
- Ambition, eagerness and the will to learn and improve upon your own skills
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Previous experience in a troubleshooting environment
- An understanding of internet culture
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan & match
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.