Intercom is redefining how businesses support their customers using powerful messaging and automation.
Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Lyft Business, rely on Intercom to deliver efficient and personal customer experiences at scale. Intercom is used to send over 500 million messages per month and enables interactions with over 600 million monthly active end users.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through in-product messaging, and so much more!
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is on a mission to make Internet business more personal. The role we’re looking to fill is a career defining opportunity for someone passionate about this mission as well as product management who wants to lead a world-class team of engineers, designers, and researchers in London. The product you’ll help to build and shape touches millions of users in the business messaging space every single day. Your job will be to help businesses drive customer engagement, deliver better support, and enhance productivity, all while making the experience feel more fun, connected and personal.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- You’ll deliver product that reflects a uniquely Intercom perspective on how to achieve it
- You’ll manage the roadmap: capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritise this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- You’ll deeply know the problems that you’re tackling through research and regular interaction with customers; define and frame those problems for the team
- You’ll collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagining future solutions that solve these problems
- You’ll scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as you can
- You’ll constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures, both in beta’s and after full release.
- You’ll own and maintain the quality of the product areas your team are responsible for; deliver world-class software in every release.
- You’ll motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years experience as a product manager, with a proven track record of shipping impactful product.
- Demonstrable experience of leading a team
- Ideally you have have a strong design background, as it’s essential you’re able to think deeply about product design decisions and have an understanding of how to create simple user interfaces.
- You can clearly communicate product decisions and the rationale behind them. You’re comfortable making decisions without consensus. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive.
- You have deep experience working with both qualitative customer insights, and quantitative customer data to inform decisions. You’ve conducted user research, a/b tests and have worked closely with design researchers and analysts.
- You’re entrepreneurial; you don’t need direction; you're self driven.
- You’re organised, not ad hoc.
- You’re able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.