Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is redefining how businesses connect with their customers. More than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Lyft Business, rely on Intercom to deliver unparalleled user experiences at any scale. Intercom's platform is used to send over 500 million messages per month and enables interactions with over 600 million monthly active end users.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through in-product messaging, and so much more!
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is looking for a Vice President of Pricing and Monetization Strategy to lead the development and implementation of our global pricing and packaging strategy. This position requires strong capabilities in both strategy — thought leadership, analytical prowess, data-driven thinking, creativity — and execution — leadership and conviction, ability to build process and drive to outcomes, and caring deeply about results. You will lead quantitative and qualitative research with customers and of competitors to support the pricing and monetization strategy and build a framework to measure effectiveness of the pricing model. This is an exciting opportunity to transform Intercom’s pricing strategy, setting it on a forward-looking footing. You will directly impact Intercom’s trajectory and business success and have the opportunity to build the pricing, packaging and monetization organization for our future growth.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Lead the end to end development of Intercom’s pricing and packaging strategy through data analysis and modeling, experimentation and research. Drive momentum for these solutions with executive and senior leadership.
- Generate market insights, drive competitive analysis, and build and leverage quantitative models in support of pricing and packaging recommendations
- Lead the execution and implementation of strategic decisions and day to day monetization operations. Develop operational strategy and roadmap for key capability needs and gaps aligned to commercial and product outcomes
- Build the framework for testing and measuring the effectiveness of our pricing and packaging decisions, to evolve and iterate on our strategy. Oversee and optimize pricing operations through technologies and process transformation. Create a promotions and offers strategy that ladders up to the company's commercial and GTM strategy
- Support efforts to grow the Salesforce CPQ platform through new applications and technology, and own all pricing workstreams for CPQ and the full discounting waterfall
- Over time, build a pricing organization that can scale with the future growth of our business. Establish deal strategy function and establish collaboration model with deal desk and sales ops
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years of experience leading pricing and packaging strategy and execution at a companywide or business unit-level
- 10+ years of experience in technology, with at least 5 years of experience at a modern, B2B SaaS company.
- Excellent strategic planning and execution skills and ability to manage multiple projects & priorities.
- Strong problem solving and data analysis capabilities, proficient in statistical analysis & financial modeling.
- Proven experience driving results on executive level decisions and actions on pricing and monetization strategies.
- Thoughtful leader with proven ability to build, mentor and inspire teams.
- BA/BS degree.
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Previous experience in strategy consulting, investing, investment banking or equity research
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.