Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is redefining how businesses connect with their customers. More than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Lyft Business, rely on Intercom to deliver unparalleled user experiences at any scale. Intercom's platform is used to send over 500 million messages per month and enables interactions with over 600 million monthly active end users.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through in-product messaging, and so much more!
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is looking for a VP of Sales Operations to own sales operations and global strategy. Reporting to our Chief Revenue Officer, the ideal candidate thrives in a growth culture that values strategic communication, teamwork and results. This position requires strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills as well as the ability to build best practices within our team. You will develop an excellent communication framework and partnership across the GTM teams, organizational functions and executive leaders while guiding and influencing larger, cross-divisional teams in order to achieve strategic and operational initiatives.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Drive continual improvements in our bookings forecast and pipeline management processes
- Develop a data-driven, probability weighted bookings forecast for the business
- Provide regular check-ins with Sales Managers/Sales Reps and cross functional teams to determine how sales opportunities are tracking against plan
- Boost sales productivity by refining customer segmentation/territory management, simplifying the sales process and identifying pain points at every stage of the sales funnel
- Track and analyze KPIs for growth, win/loss rates, upsells, renewals, quota attainment and identify individual performance areas for improvement
- Lead our deal desk to achieve bigger, better and faster deal execution, including RFP support and best practices for enablement and strategic deal execution
- Manage sales contracts, track customers and coordinate cross-functional activities across departments
- Partner with our Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and FP&A team to build a billings forecast and commission plan that fits within our operating plan
- Partner with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities to simplify the sales process through optimization and automation
- Support SPIFF programs by updating performance, reporting and communication to participants to drive success
- Ability to size up TAM opportunities and identify go to market strategies and opportunities
- Collaborate with Sales leadership, Legal and Accounting to enter new Sales markets
What skills do I need? 📖
- Experience in a dynamic software business with high-growth (30%+ y/y)
- Ideally has experience & success partnering with sales driving a transition upmarket
- Successful track record of leading high performing sales ops teams
- Collaborative team player who builds strong cross functional relationships
- Thoughtful leader who enjoys coaching, mentoring and building
- Data-driven and operationally excellent
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.