Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is redefining how businesses connect with their customers. More than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Lyft Business, rely on Intercom to deliver unparalleled user experiences at any scale. Intercom's platform is used to send over 500 million messages per month and enables interactions with over 600 million monthly active end users.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through in-product messaging, and so much more!
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As a Sales Engineer, you’ll be leading the technical discussion with our key prospects to make sure there’s nothing stopping them from getting the most out of Intercom. You’ll be an integral part of the Sales team, working mostly in a Pre-sales situation to ensure a technical fit, while creating innovative solutions for our customers. You’ll be collaborating with customers to drive onboarding completion, increase user adoption, improve retention and overall success while helping to collect customer references, case studies, and product feedback.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Jointly work with Account Executives to solve customer issues and drive deals
- Help lead the discovery process, work to uncover a prospect’s business objectives and current challenges
- Deliver configured presentations and demos with a focus on the business requirements
- Work in tandem with the broad Sales team to guide and complete Proof of Concepts
- Coach customers on Intercom usage and best practices to help make them product experts
- Work with customers to understand and validate technical requirements (Security evaluation, Single Sign On, SAML, Platform Integrations, API usage)
- Lead teams internally on projects and training
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years in computer industry and 3+ years of sales engineering or solution consulting experience in a SaaS organization, delivering demonstrations on a regular basis in a sales environment
- Aptitude to think strategically to overcome technical and security roadblocks
- Ability to stay focused under pressure and thrive while working with prospects to solve their most challenging issues
- Experience coding/scripting/working in multiple programming languages, as well as data integration, especially RESTful APIs
- Knack and comfort of working collaboratively with global teams
- A track record for creating innovative ideas to increase customer retention and product adoption
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Experience with Intercom is a plus
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Healthcare stipend towards private health insurance for you and your partner/spouse
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.